Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest  

Go Back   Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest > Narmir > Game Status and Help

Old 10-23-2013, 10:06 AM
Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion

post some vital info on the races somewhere.not necessarily "reducing it to the numbers" but at least a general hierarchy of each race in key areas,namely: war, both attack and defense,covert,magic,building,researching,special abilities and orb reqs. also on that note,the "new player help" button on frontpage goes nowhere.

Also in response to the Level Up thing,leave it or remove it,but don't take away turn reqs. b/c thats not gonna fix the problem some ppl are crying about "botting" lvl 10,despite the fact that u have to have to spend close to a week or more dep. on race rebuilding ur econ + w/e damage ppl have done against the horridly inept AI,it's just going to make it so that "farm races" among others can race to level 10 in their first few batches of turns,if score is the only req.as an example i would play woodies and forego most/all research to go ahead and max level real quick first,a huge and possibly game-breaking advantage.....
Old 10-23-2013, 10:34 AM

I think there are 2 different things, changes /fixes /addons to current mechanics and theres new stuff.

Changes to already implemented ideas:

The level ups were a great idea and i think they were originally designed so that everyone could make their own unique of sorts.
However at the moment this doesnt really work, higher lvls simply means more maxes of everything and more points you spend in what your race is already good at. ( usually points in 2 fighting troops for the combat races , study and magic for the magic races etc. )
There is no real choice, you usally just pick what you want and pump points into those 2 areas at each lvl up.
This means that high lvl characters are simply easier to play than their low level counterparts but besides that theres nothing really unique.

What i suggest is twofold,
1. Give more options to spend points on: Remove the Build and Enforcer Bonus.
Add a bonus to study maxes
a bonus to troop amount maxes
a bonus to storage ( food/gold/mana)

2. Make specialization more expensive. Similar to the way it works in DnD/ NWN and stuff like that. For example:

Bonus Strenght from lvls at: 1 Lvl points cost to increase 1 Strenght 1
Bonus Strenght from lvls at: 2 Lvl points cost to increase 1 Strenght 1
Bonus Strenght from lvls at: 3 Lvl points cost to increase 1 Strenght 2
Bonus Strenght from lvls at: 4 Lvl points cost to increase 1 Strenght 2
Bonus Strenght from lvls at: 5 Lvl points cost to increase 1 Strenght 3
Bonus Strenght from lvls at: 6 Lvl points cost to increase 1 Strenght 3
Bonus Strenght from lvls at: 7 Lvl points cost to increase 1 Strenght 4
Bonus Strenght from lvls at: 8 Lvl points cost to increase 1 Strenght 4

So for example if you have a bonus strenght from leveling of 7, it costs you 4 points from lvling up to increase your bonus strenght 1 more.
While you could also spend those 4 points in other areas where it only costs you 1 lvl up point to increase your strenght by 1.

This way theres much more choice and uniqueness to each character.
You could play a Hill Giant and simply put all the points you get from lvling ( 2 *10 ) in your fighters and get +8 strenght fighters, however you will have crappy other troops and crappy studymaxes/troopmaxes. Some might like this more raw power, while others will go for more playability and get a higher study max, or some points in warmachines since the first ones are cheap anyway. Overal I think it gives a lot more unique playing experience.

Added bonus would be that higher lvl characters dont have such a huge lead in strenght over lower level ones, since adding more points becomes more and more expensive.

Ofcourse I dunno if you are able to make it so people can save up level points while they level up, but thats like with all suggestions, we have no idea how easy or difficult it is to make.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:51 AM

Something totally new would be: Deity's.

Now before you say something, yes this was your guys idea at some point anyway
But it's one that always stuck with me as something that would make the game a ton more fun.

I think the basic idea was:
Some players dont play normal accounts anymore but only 1 Deity account. Deity's get their power by worshippers ( all normal narmir accounts) each narmir account has an option to pick 1 Deity to worship ( and can change it ofcourse) by building a specific building and taking turns they send 'power' over to their Deity. The Deity can use this power to interact with the normal narmir kingdoms and possibly with other Deity's.
Resulting in another dimension to the narmir world and the war in there. Plus I think it might be fun for some players who dont have that much time to spend on narmir to play a couple of chars and take turns daily etc, but who can still have fun and wreak some havoc as a god, or ofcourse help out their worshippers.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:18 PM

ur idea for levelups is cool,at least if u can put multiple points in the same thing,which u currently cant do in a single level. however there is a flaw in ur strategic argument,from a creative standpoint anyway,in my opinion. To my thinking,some players would opt for the opposite,instead of playing a war race and cranking their troops even higher,putting their points into,say,spells....of course they won't be a supermage,but would offset the whole hitting an elf for land and getting essentially crippled by the resulting meteor/fire/drought retal...

Also as to Deities,while that is totally something I personally would go for,I must poopoo it,at least for now. for one thing at this point there's just not nowhere near enough players,maybe 2 dozen or so and i guarantee at least 10 will wanna be Deity,so u wind up with "too many chiefs,not enuff injuns" and even in a long-term,it would creat a "popularity contest" aspect that would more hurt the game environment than add to it,in my humble opinion. If nothing else,I would advise that if/when it IS implemented,there's no changing it,that is,if and when u choose a deity,that's ur choice.it would cut out extreme amounts of butthurt over people "jumping ship", curb aggressive "recruiting",and make ppl consider their choice VERY carefully,so as to even further preserve some balance... Good Input tho,all around.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:54 PM

I dont really understand the 'flaw'
If people want to play a warrace and put points in magic to make them decent at magic, they can already do that now and can do that with the change too. Just like a Magic race can put points in fighters and try to fight. I don't think it's a bad idea.
A warrace with points in fighters will still be better than a magic race with points in fighters, and a magic race with points in magic will still be better than a warrace with points in magic.

If a warrace choses to be less strong in fighters so he can put points in magic and be less crippled by spells, then isnt it nice that this is an option?

The Deity stuff would indeed only work with more players, but changing who you worship is rather vital for the whole idea. If your Deity isnt helping you, or is playing with you and actually hurting you or something, you should be able to switch.
In the end, it's actually suppose to be a popularity contest, why else would you pick 1? or work to get more worshippers?
And if you stop worshipping some Deity and he decides to make you pay for it that only adds to the fun
Old 10-23-2013, 01:00 PM

as i said,i was pointing out the flaw in ur strategic argument,not the idea itself. and as to Deities i just see the option of changing making way more drama and strife than adding enjoyable dimensions to the game. but that's just my take on it. i could wind up being wrong,who knows?
Old 10-23-2013, 01:10 PM

I remember that idea too and if we could get enough ppl, adding Deities would be awesome. I also like the loyalty program. We get punished for not playing (losing tech every hour after the 3rd day) So that could be a good balance. Pls move the chat button away from news or maybe put a space in there. I'ld also consider getting rid of some of the races that no one rlly plays. What about giving all races a special and make them able to be turned on and off as you choose?

Venit et Flamma sentio ...
Old 10-23-2013, 07:51 PM

Deities have been done in other Narmir like games and completely ruined the game in every single one. Requires multiple hundreds of active users to be plausible.

IMO, the game needs to be massively expanded to become relevant beyond the current population, and I don't think the engine is built for it without excessive amounts of effort.

Facebook compatible, mobile compatible, PvE aspects, additional options, goals, rewards.

Short example;

The Hero/Leader of a kingdom as a separate entity that is able to do PvE quests, find mad loots that helps his kingdom, gain abilities, skills, tactics, even duels for honor. A game inside of a game.

[size=medium]Totus vestri animus es belong volo..[/size]
Old 10-24-2013, 12:26 AM

Yeah I have no idea how hard it would be to do a cross console application for a smartphone, but if it were possible and you were to put that on the Google Play Store we could draw thousands of new players. And certainly a Facebook app would be good as well. And most of that can be free advertisement

Bite or get Bitten
Old 10-24-2013, 12:27 AM

4 to completely get around all of that you could just do the game in HTML format and then people can play on their smartphone without an application. Just a few suggestions for drawing in new player. Making the game easier to access even when not at home

Bite or get Bitten