Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest  

Go Back   Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest > Role Playing > Role Playing

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 10:42 PM

Default Re: Problems boil..

The night had finally come, their individual skills would now be pooled, and their physical bodies would be left behind so they might all become something greater than themselves. It was a ritual which most had joined many times before, though a few worthy souls were found during the training times, this was a membership of old friends and confidants. Tonight was the setting of the three moons. This event only occurred once every dozen years in the realms, and was the only time their membership increased. Tonight they would again walk the earth in their true guise. They would become the Hand of the Wind, the unseen killer.

All their preparation had steadied their hearts and minds, brought them to a level of discipline reserved for only the strongest of will. This was the time, the third moon had just set, and the hour was right. Some call this ?The Witching Hour? as it is a time when the barrier between worlds is the thinnest, but to the Cam en S?l it was simply their hour.

Their leader stood before them, comically adorned with random buttons, bells, and other nonsensical items. All were quiet as he raised his hand and began his slow chant. This would be his last transformation, he would remain in his preferred form until he perished, or all of time came to an end. Such was the way of the wind.

Without warning he stopped, staring out into the night, and at that moment a wind came through blowing with such ferocity that even the strongest among them were shaken to their cores. Just as suddenly as it had come, it stopped, and all was as calm, though a new weight was felt in the atmosphere. The air around and within them began to pulse as though with a heartbeat of its own, and were they lesser men they might all have turned and run, but to a man they held their ground as the pulsing grew until it consumed their corporeal forms.

The new recruits awoke with a sense of fear then exhilaration that they had, in fact, actually been judged worthy by the whole. They were one. It was strangely comforting to be aware of one another?s thoughts, yet still retain their own.

The leader among them, in life known as Quen? Liat, now known simply as, ?the voice of reason? was quick to muse at his decision.
?How does one ever get used to a state of pure being, yet how can anyone be so foolish as to give it up.? This, however, was a question for another day, so it was pushed to the back of his thoughts as a greater debate sprang up.
?There is war? the realms are at war,? he?they?thought.
?How are we to best play our part??
?Are we good??
?Well we do give meaning to life.?
?I thought we were evil??
?Well that depends on your view of right and wrong.
We merely exist to do the job that others find distasteful.?
?Well, in a way that makes us evil, and in assisting the evil ones we would be perpetuating our existence, and possibly expanding our numbers...?

The internal debate resolved itself, as many among them were of races formerly viewed by the world as evil. Though they had, in their transformations shed the stereotypes of their former consciousnesses, they were still driven by the same goal as any other. When it comes down to it, that?s what all living things are trying to do is perpetuate themselves. Their job was also one viewed, by the goodly folk of the land to be one of the more despicable known. They were the unseen killer, the invisible stalker, or as some would later identify them, the Norns / Fates. The only point to their existence was to ensure the mortality of others, and they were good at their job.

Again their training began. Slowly as always. This time there was no body to encumber their movements, only their minds held their limits.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:03 AM

Default Reborn

As Flame stepped from The Flame that held her soul, she saw the Mighty Blue Dragon, Evil Quickz. Quickz looked around the cave and patted Flame's pet sapphire dragon on the head and said,"About damned time you woke up."

Flame stretched her wings out to full length and crankily asked him why she had been awakened.

Quickz looked at her with a look of seriousness and asked,"Don't you feel the evil of the clowns? Why weren't you awakened sooner? Why did I have to come here and do this? Your allies are scattered throughout Narmir awaiting their leader, you, while Lord Jester spreads lies about you trying to get them to join his side. Get your @$$ up and get your troops ready. Go be the Queen you are and bring victory to this land. Do not allow that evil to pollute Narmir any further. I expect more from you." And with a flash, the Blue Dragon disappeared.

Flame promptly flew to her castle and began to send missives to her allies, one to han, Thangor and Russian Midol. She knew her Pixie was in The Clown's hands and that would need to be dealt with as well but she was here and she was ready to take on her long time enemy....again...

Venit et Flamma sentio ...
Old 12-13-2006, 10:09 PM

Default Re: Reborn

Lord Ares awakens from his slumber in the deep caverns....

The Clowns..the clowns..always the Clowns. Persistant mongrels they are. They come in the light of day. Barging through his ancient tunnels. Countless attacks, win or lose. Always coming. Endless streams of arrows. Endless laughing of troubled Clowns. We have fought many an enemy..they have always fallen..and stayed down. Why do these creatures continue to pester us?
Ares arises from his marble coffin, and awakens his nearby commanders.

"We must prepare a counter-attack on the Clowns and those inbred Trolls. Gather the council."

Ares heads towards the main cavern. A place of unholy importance. Here the council of his kindgom meets to discuss the ruling of his World. It was a much simpler task in the past. But lately with the wars between good and evil going at full tilt, it was hard to keep a reign on things. Recently he had even had to retake his Gods Throne from the Clown leader. How dare he sit in the same seat as a God. The lack of respect..was sickening.
Taking a seat at the head of the Cavern, he watched his council seep in. They were all tired. The attacks during the day were wearing them out. They needed rest soon.

"Aight. We need an attack plan. General, i wish to go deep into the World, and capture enough lands to give us a large safety zone so that we may rest peacefully. Do you have anything?"

"Yes m'lord. I have formulated a strategy for this. As the Clowns insanity has spread throughout the population, i suggest we not try taxes. Lower taxes during the madness, and send out the troops quietly to gain land. We will go as far as we can, one way, then complete the circle around the other. We will use battalions of pure fighters for mobility. A small group of Archers will bring up the rear. They will work as lookouts behind us. Any attacks will will be signalled with Fire Arrows. We'll leave our Weapons and Armors in the armories. We will move much quicker without them. Shall we launch m'lord?"

Ares nods.
"Continue. We launch ASAP."
Old 12-14-2006, 02:13 AM

Default Re: Reborn

Elric received the messenger with something less than enthusiasm,he knew it would just be more of the same. As he finished reading the message he scowled. As it turns out he had made an error,the failed attack on the unmarked kingdom in the outskirts of the Lands of the creatures of light had turned out to be an ally.Not only had he caught it from their commander,but rather than judge his own dressing down sufficient,he had carried the word all over and now the Queen was pissed with him as well...

"Very well you may leave me now" he bade the messenger depart from whence he came with a weary wave of his hand. It all mattered very little,he thought as he surveyed the remnants of his beloved people.now severly bloodied and ragged by the seemingly endless waves of ferocious evil zealots,and the cold and practiced indifference of his so-called comrades. This will not do,they had delved deep into the heart of the enemy,but had not by any means emerged unscathed,I am the commander of these men and they trust me with their lives,whether supported or not,i must do right by that trust,i must consider their lives.

Elric set his resolve firmly in his mind,he knew what must be done. He summoned his Sergeant-At-Arms and commanded him, "Go and send every visiting emissary back to their own kingdoms and bid them do not return! once you have done so,prepare the men and faes to break camp. Come the morrow,we march for the abandoned Grey Forest......alone...."

As he studied the man's rapidly retreating back,he pondered if his plan would indeed work,or if he was merely prolonging inevitable ambush. Noone save time could know for sure,he could only pray to the Gods he was making the right choice. With that he sighed heavily in resignation,slumping on his seat and gesturing to his servant to pour more wine to his goblet.

\"Soboj ostat\'sja dol\'she.\"
Old 12-14-2006, 03:55 PM

Default The Vik

Midol sat in the War Room, planning out strategies, reviewing notes from allies, and developing plans to suggest to his partners, when a figure almost literally crashed into the room. The figure fell through the door, landing with a painful thud at Midol's feet. Midol attempted to keep a straight face as he helped the clumsy Viking to his feet.

"Er... Yes, Tilenaal?" Midol said, attempting to keep a smirk from his face.

"Well, Sir, Chief, Master..." Tilenaal began.

"Midol will do just fine, son." Midol interrupted.

"Oh, well... Okay, Midol... sir... well, it's just that we've gotten a message from Flame. She thanks us for our part in helping in her absense and... uh... stuff." Tilenaal finished lamely.

"I see. Well..." Midol was interrupted by another Viking crashing through the door. This time, Midol was not amused. The viking ran around the room, cursing madly, and slamming himself into walls.

"What the hell, Asprin!?" Midol yelled.

"Sir! OMG! The livestock! They are all pregnant with clown babies! And I pooped myself, and it doesn't smell good! I want my mommy. Can I have a taste of your toast? I like Dolph..." Asprin was cut off as Midol slammed a meaty hand into his jaw. Asprin fell to the ground, sprawled out and bleeding from the mouth.

"Tilenaal, take Apsrin to his room. He'll be fine in a couple days." Midol sighed. As Tilenaal dragged Asprin out of the War Room, Midol went back to the large table in the center of the room. "Damn Clowns," he muttered before going back to his planning.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:17 PM

Default Re: The Vik

*Ares looks up as his General enters the chamber*

"M'lord, we are back and with great news! While preparing our troops, we recieved news of two Paladin kingdoms below us in the valley. We quickly set off an ambush as they crossed. The enemy forces of both kingdoms were decimated with almost no losses. They never knew what hit them. Obviously very young and under-trained kingdoms, but you know my stand on Paladins.
Anyways, after the Paladins we encountered a small kingdom of Gryphons. They didn't have much land, but we took what we could before they ran off. As planned, beyond the Gryphon cliffs lay the camp of those dastardly Trolls. Millions of Rangers everywhere. We were able to surprise them before they could arm their bows. However, the sight of Trolls trying to use bows caught many of our troops offguard. Many were killed while rolling on the ground laughing. However, we were still victorious with our Blood Striking capabilities.
After the Trolls, we discovered the Clowns not too far away. This too was a fairly easy battle. They were all drunk on ale and cursing out their allies. They never noticed us slip in. After a quick battle, we captured a small Clown. He is currently being questioned, but so far won't say a word."

Ares nodded approvingly.
"I will see to it that the new land is built upon immediately. Keep me updated on the prisoner of war. Good work General."

"Thank you Sir."

During his walk to his coffin, Ares smiled to himself. Maybe this won't be so hard afterall. If they keep on fighting eachother, this could be a stroll in the cemetary.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:30 PM

Default Grrrr....

Amid the great stir of war and the trevails of the pixie, almost unnoticed, a weathered figure once again sets foot in Narmir.

Four years of wandering were now at an end for Bucks, a man raised by wolves and now their king. The first three were spent wandering the hinterlands with neither a name, nor a flickering memory of home. His only companion a grizzled wolf whose name neither he nor the wolf could not recall.

"Nasty little Bright Ones, with their pixie queen, and their nasty little spells!" the figure spat.

The nameless curr beside him gave a knowing growl. The dark elf Seether and his dark magic had brought some of their lost knowledge back.

He dispatched a company of Wolven Rangers to seek out Lord Jester, the Mad Clown.

"The Clown... The Clown will show us a way to end the 'Bright Tyranny'.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:59 PM

Default Surrender

Flame stood out amongst her archers and called a halt to them firing as she watched the lone clown come across the east meadow. She watched the meadow and forests that lay behind closely for any movement and she smelled the air for anything that could be linked to the carnival but smelled
nothing. She turned and called for her youngest daughter Hex.

"Bring him to the war room but watch carefully for any attacks. Remember that the wolves have joined him. Some of our own have even left us."

Flame turned and left, not even waiting for an answer and went to her war room where she paced, wondering why Lord Jester would be sending her a message so soon. As she paced she saw slight movement out of the corner of her eye.

"I see you Quickz. Why are you here? You've already awakened me, what more do you want?"

"I have come to see how things are pogressing and I am curious why the Clown seeks you out." he said.

Flame heard footsteps in the corridor and went and sat on her throne. "Be quiet and invisible, soon enough, you'll know" she said.

Hex and her knights entered with the little clown in front of them. Flame looked at him intensely, taking in his ripped and bloodied clothes. She also noticed that most of his facepaint was gone but beneath is was still the twisted face of a Twisted Clown. In turn, the clown was staring at her as hard. He fought back the urge to cuss at her and spit at her. He hoped to still make it out of here alive but as the time slipped by he became worried. She hadn't moved or spoken. He really wanted to run but knew he couldn't return to his Lord without first delivering his message and his Lord would know.

Flame sat and watched many emotions pass over the clowns face and finally she stood up and walked up to him. As she did, she saw him stand up straighter, as if to intimidate her with height.

"Give me your message Clown," she said softly.

"The great Lord Jester has commanded that you surrender to him. You must come to his carnival in 3 days time, kneel at his throne and surrender to his will. He says that your allies are weak and dying, that you yourself are incapable of withstanding the great evil he has issued into this world."

Flame heard some of her people gasp and saw Hex raise her sword but Flame raised her hand to stop her. Flame smiled and leaned towards the clown.

"Now I have a message for you." she said softly.

For a moment the clown was taken aback by the beauty that The Flame let off but reminded himself of the sacriledge of such a thought. He was however relieved that he was going to leave here and return to his Lord and then that moment of relief was quickly gone as he felt the cold steel
enter his chest. The warmth that has surrounded him from The Flame was quickly replaced by a coldness and as he began to sink he knew he was going to hell. He could hear them calling his name, laughing at him for calling for help from his Lord. The worst was he thought he heard his Lord's laughter as he fell into the Abyss.

Flame pulled her dagger from the clown and watched him crumple to the floor. She looked up at the surprise on the faces of the people around her. Take his body to the edge of the carnival. Capture and kill any clowns you find on the way as well. Remove parts of their anatomy. I want
everything on display for Lord Jester to see. When he comes out, send fire arrows and set the bodies on fire. There will be NO surrender. With that Flame turned and returned to her throne, as she sat, she watched them drag the body from her war room.

"You have always been the merciful one Flame." Quickz said softly

Flame watched Quickz as he came to lay in front of her.

"I did not think you woke me to be merciful. I thought you had awakened me to bring an end to this evil. Mercy has no place in Narmir any longer. Dominion still runs through these veins and I will use it as I have to march on my allies of old. No mercy."

Quickz looked at Flame and slowly pulled himself up."You are feeling sorry for yourself and I will not allow it. They made their pacts with the devil and they will pay for it. You will stand up and do what must be done for the
good of this world and you will do it now Flame."

Flame watched Quickz disappear and as she did so she took deep breaths to control the anger she knew that must not cloud her judgement.

Flame finally called for her son Jamil and as he entered she told him he must send out messages to her seconds, Thangor, han and Russian Midol. It was time to bring Poetic Justice to The Clown and make a rescue mission...

Venit et Flamma sentio ...
Old 12-27-2006, 03:22 PM

Default A New Kingdom, A New Hope

Somewhere inbetween all of the chaos the clowns were causing with the Lords of the Lands, a new kingdom had been developing. The dwarves had come out of their mythril halls, no longer being able to resist their lust for blood on their hammers and such.

King of the Dwarves, Tristan Goldenhammer, sat upon his amazing throne of sapphires and rubies with his dwarven-crafted magical gold hammer leaning upon his throne.

The doors burst open to his chamber, one of his stubbly messangers running through the doors. He huffed and puffed, heaving over in his place, his hands on his knees. The messanger caught enough of his breath then stood up straight.

Tristan looked down at this dwarf without a single change of expression, only a straight face.

"M-my lord," he studdered "the clowns are everywhere. The kingdoms are going into insanity, we must take action!"

Tristan leapt from his throne, grabbing his magnificent hammer and throwing it onto his shoulder.

"A fight we'll be bringin' to them clowns then! How 'bout we teach 'em a lesson or two 'bout the dwarven arrows, eh? We aren't goin' ta hide anymore from 'em clowns, they've been roamin' our rich earth fer too long! Gather the troops, faithful messanger, and quickly!" he shouted in all his excitement. He emitted an immense bellow from the adrenaline rush in his body, ah, the excitement of a war, or even a kill.

The King, of course, would be in the front lines, prepared to take on anything that came to him. No horse, no official announcement, his skills alone would display who he was.

The messanger offered a salute and ran from the room, the black armored guards shut the doors behind the messanger. A smile could be seen through the young king dwarf's black fur of a beard. He chuckled and tapped the head of his hammer in the palm of his hands.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:05 AM

Default Re: A New Kingdom, A New Hope

Atop one of kingdom's many towers, Nido sat. A large rotting tree, created from magic, protruded from the side of the tower and drooped over Nido's head.

"The alliance hasn't been heard from for quite some time now, m' Lord," an adviser reported.

"You think I'm interested in that? I'm still alive, my cousins still live, and I have faith in the alliance. All I ask is this...was our raid successful?"

The adviser nodded his head. "Yes...plenty of our thieves made in into enemy kingdoms and stole precious technology. The message to your cousin Nezrith made it as well, and he joined in on many of the same kingdoms. But I still do not understand why we do not attack..."

Nido stood and picked a disfigured apple from the tree and looked at it for only a moment. "We are Dark Elves. We are not mighty warriors. If you wish to pick up a sword with that puny arm of yours, go right ahead. But until the time is right, we will continue with our strategy." Nido split the apple into two with his claws, and licked the blood that came out from his fingers. "Besides, we just won our very first victory. Go drink yourself into a stupor and celebrate."