Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest  

Go Back   Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest > Narmir > Game Status and Help

Old 10-25-2005, 04:25 PM

Default nearly newb questions

K, thought I'd start a nearly newb question thread, for newbs like myself who have at read preferably preferably all three guides (there's grumpy's, hellspawn's and bang's that I know of... check the links to the left) but at least one, and who have played a bit. Hopefully more experienced players will come and answer, and maybe later when they're updating their guides, the guide-writers can get ideas of what stuff people want to know from this.

K, so my first question is about staying at a low score, because I'm pretty new, so I don't know if I can handle some of the higher-ups... but my score just seems to be going up and up... my moves are generally about half that of the people around me. So, to stay low, is it recommended to simply not spend money? Or do you focus your cash on particular low scoring stuff? (I thought maybe training fields, so you can get troop xp at the same time.)

-sSSssS
Old 10-25-2005, 05:54 PM

Default Re: nearly newb questions

Do absolutly nothing, yep ya heard right cuz EVERYTHING gives you score. Your troop exp?.. yup that gives ya score.. Ya buildings? Uh huh those too. Ya research?!?! OMFG YES!!! That too! But if you wanna waste alot of turns and manage to stay at low score jes fire all your enforcers.

Oh and castles and war machines will boost your score the most so maybe take it easy on those.. really though I see no point because the uber players can strike you down whatever your score if they so feel like it hehe So best thing to do is practice ya diplomacy instead of worry bout ya score.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:09 PM

Thanks Rogue, I discussed this in the forums a bit too, the thing that was bothering me was that I had a low number of moves compared to people around my score... it was pointed out that probably I had a lot of bots around me, and that since I'm new, I haven't been attacked as much as people around me.

Anyway, next question is about race's special abilities. I know some of these from the guides, and a few more from chat, but I think I might have missed some. So... I'll try and list everything I know, and someone might copy and paste it into their own post, filling in some blanks for me.

Humans - unknown, probably none
Centaurs - unknown
Cyclops - three attacks instead of one (triple attack)
Dark Elves - steal research when they land a successful attack
Draconians - unknown
Dwarves - unknown
Dire Wolves - Rabies
Ettins - I think these guys get multiple attacks? I'm not sure so maybe someone could confirm this
Faeries - unknown
Foxlings - unknown
Gryphons - double attack
Harpies - unknown
High Elves - automatic fire spell in retalliation to attacks
Hill Giants - triple attack
Kenders - not sure, but I think they get the stealing attack like DE? I think someone mentioned that in chat.
Kobolds - unknown
Knight Templars - unknown
Minotaurs - unknown
Orcs - unknown
Ogres - triple attack
Paladins - good against vampires (is that it? seems weird to have a race that's simply good against another one, even if vamps are really good... is it just vampires or all undead? Is it a skill particular to them, or is it connected to the fact that their clerics are good? ie, does good clerics = extra power against undead?)
Quicklings - stealing attack like DE (discovered this one myself)
Rakshasha - unknown
Sprites - unknown
Swamp Shamblers - unknown
Trolls - unknown
Werewolves - they get stronger during the full moon (how much stronger I wonder? Guess it'd be hard to test.)
Werepanthers - unknown, but I'm guessing they might be like the other lycanthropes
Wood Elves - search twice in one turn
Vampires - bloodstrike... I don't know what this is yet. They die quickly if you play them during the day in the game.
Vikings - double attack
Zombies - unknown

Thanks for the help people!

-sSSssS.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:59 PM

Humans - unknown, probably none
Centaurs - unknown
Draconians - double hit
Dwarves - they're able to build more wms per turn then other races
Dire Wolves - Rabies
Ettins - all giant races get more then 1 hit per turn for their special.
Faeries - unknown
Foxlings - unknown
Gryphons - double attack
Harpies - double attack
High Elves - automatic fire spell in retalliation to attacks (orbs needed)
Kenders - all covert races take tech with a successful attack.
Kobolds - unknown
Minotaurs - unknown
Orcs - double attack
Ogres - not sure if ogres get double or triple hit
Paladins - no special attack
Rakshasha - unknown
Sprites - unknown
Swamp Shamblers - cursed rain
Trolls - double attack
Werewolves - moon cycle isn't in so no special.
Werepanthers - same as above
Wood Elves - search twice in one turn tho not a special attack
Vampires - bloodstrike (needs orbs)
Vikings - double attack
Zombies - unknown
Ghouls- raise undead with a successful attack

*Note- all undead races do not eat so no farms needed and vamps die during the day, server time and Dark Elves have better covert stats at night, also server time.

Venit et Flamma sentio ...
Old 10-27-2005, 03:01 AM

my wood elves only search once....also, how do you get more turns?
Old 10-27-2005, 03:31 AM

Been a about as month or 2 since I had a woodie but they did search twice in one turn for land. You get turns every hour how many depends on race 3 - 6 turns I believe depending. Like hill giants get 3 turns an hour faeries get 6. Could be a lil off there though. Visit the help sites for more accurate and jes plain more info. Links to the left side of page "help and other links"
Old 10-27-2005, 05:37 AM
Tetris Champion

Humans - Every time you level up, you should be able to pick a special from another race.
Centaurs - unknown
Draconians - double hit
Dwarves - they're able to build more wms per turn then other races
Dire Wolves - Rabies
Ettins - unknown
Faeries - unknown
Foxlings - unknown
Gryphons - double attack
Harpies - double attack
High Elves - automatic fire spell in retalliation to attacks (orbs needed)
Kenders - all covert races take tech with a successful attack.
Kobolds - unknown
Minotaurs - unknown
Orcs - double attack
Ogres - 3 attacks
Paladins - offensive boost when attacking undead (logicly, paladins own undead...)
Rakshasha - unknown
Sprites - unknown
Swamp Shamblers - cursed rain... SS might have a defensive counter just like high elves that requires an orb to work... casting their cursed rain instead of fire.
Trolls - double attack
Werewolves - unknown
Werepanthers - unknown
Wood Elves - search twice in one turn tho not a special attack
Vampires - bloodstrike (needs orbs), I think this works like the plague spell
Vikings - double attack
Zombies - unknown
Ghouls- raise undead with a successful attack (1/10th of what you kill, i think)
Old 10-28-2005, 03:56 PM

The amount of turns one gets per hour ranges from 3 to 9 depending on which race you have.

Target\'s fighting spirit down. Calculating BP, SP, and DNN.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:51 PM

Thanks guys for answering questions, though we shouldn't be discussing how to get more turns in this thread as that's already covered in the guides. (Next time, just politely refer them on.)

K, I wanted to ask a bit about like, big no-no's that aren't covered in the guides. I've just been told concerning maybe four of my chars that I've screwed them up and should start again. Well, I've already started new chars and it's been interesting to apply stuff I've learned in the opening sequence, and to test stuff out with a bit better knowledge, but it'd be better if I knew this stuff from the start.

K, to start off with, some of the things I've heard recently, and stuff I've inferred which may or may not need correcting. One, with covert chars, thalia told me not to amass a lot of land. I'm guessing that's because you can't exactly have the kind of troops you'd need to defend this land if you've got a bunch of thieves. Since land limits how much food you can produce, and thus how many covert units you can support, would this also mean don't amass a huge band of thieves or ninjas? I'm guessing that I should be seeking to have smaller numbers of more experienced covert units instead. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Two... with the points you get at the start, don't bother with clerics or mages. Well, I was getting this from people telling me to restart my char because I'd put points into spells, research, clerics and mages... perhaps they meant something else was wrong, perhaps that I'd focused all my points into just four skills?

Three, don't amass fighters for a magic char... while it is possible to defend land with magic races, you do it with rangers and wms.

So yeah... anything else that would prevent me from royally screwing up my chars would be appreciated.

-sSSssS.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:40 PM

I said I don't amass land on a covert account because you want your score to be troops and their experience. I also said the less land you have when attacked, the less damage there is. Just because that's what I do doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way. So, what you need to do is experiment and see what works for you.
When it comes to points you should realize that it's the same way as with everything else in the game, everyone has a different opinion. Doesn't mean anything. Place points as you want and experiment. I personally place points in whatever my race's "specialty" is.
Now for magic races, one of my personal favs. Magic races can war and while you do want fighters you'll find that rangers, wms and clerics are definitely more important whether you're defending or attacking.
Hopefully what you're going to get from this is that you need to take everything you hear, experiment with it, mix it up and find your own style.

Oh and sibilation: Thanks guys for answering questions, though we shouldn't be discussing how to get more turns in this thread as that's already covered in the guides. (Next time, just politely refer them on.)
Please don't tell us what to do when it comes to other players questions, everyone's question is important and no question (usually) is stupid. Thanks.

Venit et Flamma sentio ...