Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest  

Go Back   Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest > Narmir > Game Status and Help

Old 12-21-2005, 12:45 PM

Default Good Ratios/Strategies

Hmm

War Race:

Rangers: I've heard they do a little fighting but is it really much that I would win more battles if I have them?
My ratio of Rangers is usually just 10k... I always have massive amounts of fighters at low scores. I don't search for land since I could just take it from someone, so would it be safer to hire rangers along with Fighters or just fighters by themselves?

Clerics: Clerics heal troops. But, the more clerics I have, the less fighters I can support. Although they lower losses in battle, how much good does that do me if I have 10k fighters with 10k clerics, but my attacker/defender has 30k fighters.

Enforcers: I do NOT hire enforcers or at least I haven't hired enforcers. They guard from spying? and if that's the case shouldnt' I hire thieves and ninjas's if I'm defending from being looted (but what if I'm a HG?)

Archers: They are extremely high. Are they more effective than fighters? Does w/a help them? and are they different for all races like fighters and rangers (wood elves having good rangers good fighters; Hill Giants having good fighters, bad researchers [archers?])

Mages: in the old server, 1 mage was the same as 1000 mages, or 1mil mages so hireing more than 1 was going overboard. does the same apply here? or does hire more mags increase the chance of the spell working better? or being stronger?

Weapons/Armor: Ok I've never built w/a before and I've heard it's actually been implemented since the new server. How much does Weapons/armor effect the results in battle? should I build the same amount of w/a as my fighters/rangers/clerics (which I have none)? Does studying w/a help much?

Buildings:

Market places: they are meant to increase gold production, but if I have market places, I have less land to build buildings which bring in more pop such as colloseums or castles. so should I build them at all?

Collosuems: should I build colloseums instead of castles? and if I should build castles, what is the average score which I should be building them for them to be most effective? Are colloseums safer to build than castles?

Outposts: They are so that one can search for more land. Do they bring in any defense whatsoever? And why search for land when I could just take it from someone?

Guard towers: ok they guard from covert but why would I build them if I do not hire enforcers? would they be sufficient without enforcers?

Armories: What do armories do?

Castles: They give a lot of score, and also defense and bring in food and population. Are they worth it, or will they just be a disadvantage to me in the longrun?

Walls: they bring in defense... but if I build walls, that means that I have less land on which to build colloseums or farms which means that's less fighters I can support because of less population.. wouldn't this result in my losing more battles?

Schools: these are supposed to help when studying military tactics (correct?). Are they more effective than trainnig fields? and if so, how much more effective?

Level up: how much does level up effect certain aspects of the game? For example if I have 100k fighters on a dire at 100exp at level 1 but the person I'm attacking has 100k fighters on a dire at 100exp at level 3 will it still be pretty much equal? and if we both put 5 points in Fighters when we first created (assuming there are no other troops to be mentioned)

Placing points: does they change anything much? if I use all my 20 points in 4 different things which are unique to a race, does that put me at an advantage? for example dires: 5 fighters 5 rangers 5 build 5 clerics

My current set up:
Race: Dire Wolves
ok at 600k score, I have

Fighters 37k
Rangers 9k
Clerics 7
Engineers 1.2k
Archers 0

Level up statistics:
Fighters 6
Build 1
research 6
Rangers 6
Enforcers 6

Buildings:
Farms 800
Smithies 30
Colloseums 300
Barracks 400
Training fields 500

are these ratios sufficient? or am I screwed up totally?

Target\'s fighting spirit down. Calculating BP, SP, and DNN.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Good Ratios/Strategies

Quote:
My ratio of Rangers is usually just 10k...
[size=large]That ain't no ratio, cuz...[/size]
Old 12-22-2005, 10:22 AM

Rangers: Not reccommended for using on a war race unless you put points in them

Clerics: I don't think a 1:1 ratio is very good to have (1 cleric for 1 fighter) I personally use around a 1:10 cleric to fighter ratio. Clerics save your troops, which means you have to hire less, which means you don't lose as much exp. I also feel they help defensivly so you don't lose as many troops and someone that keeps bouncing on you has a less of a chance to break if they are inexperianced or impatient.

Enforcers: Uhhmmm... For a long while now enforcers have been defense against ALL covert in narmir... thieves and assassins do not defend against thieving or assassination that I know of any longer.

Archers: *shrugs*

Mages: Heard you need insane amount of mages to make spells more powerful, never been much of a magic user myself so dunno.

weaps and armor: Yes studying this has helped me to break and repel people I previously couldn't

Blah I'll leave the buildings for someone else or you can go to the helpsite instead of asking what I'm sure is already in one of em.... *points to help and other links to the left side of the site* You been back more than long enough to have read and reread then wrote your own helpsite. Oh and I woulda dropped the points in rangers in favor of building but thas jes my opinion.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:23 PM

I was reading through the help sites yesterday.. and I was asking questions also and I was told that all the help sites are outdated...

Especially bang bang's site.. that really didn't help much.. HS's site was also kinda less credible...

but I really need some help on the Building ratios and troops ratios...

thanks for the Clerics ratio I should try it..

Old 12-23-2005, 11:49 PM

Well everyone has there own style of play...so makes it hard to give ratios..etc..Theres so many different ways to play the game you have to find the best way for you..My suggestion if you want to learn the buildings and what they do is to build a certain amount per say 10 farms take a turn what was increased divide by that 10 and it gives you the number per farm it goes up...then again you have to consider population and make sure you have the population to support the farms to run...Do this with all buildings and thats your percentage you were looking for...now some building do multiple things..like castles they give a little bit of everything including acting as vaults. You can also do this with score as well build 10 see how much score goes up divide back the 10 andthats each building part score rise..and again you have to take precaution on whether you population went up that turn and your gold making to get an exact number.

Me steals ya land...
Me steals ya gold...
Before ya know it...
Me steals ya soul...
Old 12-25-2005, 01:47 AM

ok I think the title was misleading.... I really wanted to know what exactly about my kingdom I was doing wrong, and if there was a way I could fix it. Thanks for the help Bandit and Rogue. I just wanted to see what everyone else is doing so that I may somehow combine all the different strategies into one...

ok my current strategy is 1. search for food 5+ turns or however many are needed(after building the necessary farms to support my current population and military) 2. after getting 500k cap on gold, hire 1k fighters

repeat

attack a neighboring kingdom

if I win, I attack more, if I lose, I repeat the previous strategy (take turns searching for food hire fighters)

then if I fail again, I try once more.. and if I fail this time, I just move on to the next kingdom.

I don't know if this is good or not

Old 12-25-2005, 01:45 PM

I'd hate to go to war with you as my Sergeant...

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
HOHOHO
Old 12-25-2005, 11:40 PM

Lmao Lanilion!

Oh, and HS's site is actually pretty good, even though it's not complete. It has a description of all the buildings and their uses. It's helped me a lot. :-)

And did you not take into consideration the advice that Dopey and I gave you in chat a while back? I'm not even close to being the best player in Narmir, but with Merlina as my mom and HS and Bang Bang as my advisors, I've learned a lot. :-D
Old 12-26-2005, 09:31 AM

Jin seems your burning ALOT of turns searching for food...Why? i rarely take turns searching for food usually the only times i will is after i get some of them randoms but at low scores randoms are not near as bad..all those turns searching food can go to a better cause...say search for land..study etc..the search for food button is a waste 80% of the time..Think about it theres a reason your not makin enough food find out why and work on that...not enough farms or need more pop is 2 major causes

Me steals ya land...
Me steals ya gold...
Before ya know it...
Me steals ya soul...
Old 12-26-2005, 09:34 AM

Also forgot...why wait till you get max gold to hire troops? max gold hiring troops at low scores kills your population therefore making it to where you need to search for gold as well...take 2-4 turns then hire troops or even if you have time 1 turn hire...its less pop taking a hit therefore making it easier for land...keepin entertainment studies up and taxes at 42 keeps higher population as well

Me steals ya land...
Me steals ya gold...
Before ya know it...
Me steals ya soul...