Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest  

Go Back   Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest > Narmir > General Discussions

Old 01-28-2006, 01:40 PM

Default hints on how to play narmir

im having trouble getting my score up but im a DE and have 20k i just need help on how to get more money
8-)
Old 01-28-2006, 01:41 PM

Default Re: hints on how to play narmir

if you see my message please either p.m me (private message)or just post on this forum

thank you :-D
Old 01-28-2006, 02:13 PM

How to get more money(gold):

First of all, the first and foremost thing you should do to ANY kingdom is to raise your tax level. You automatically start the game with a rather low tax %, in order to change this go to your options screen, slide the tax rate bar over to about 42 or 43, then click the "Change Tax Rate" button.

After all that you want to build up your economy, this can be done simply by studying "economy" under your "study" screen. Studying economy will greatly increase your gold income. 100% is your starting point on economy, studying it to 200% will double your gold income, and so forth. The max you can study up to depends on the race you pick. Some races can get into several thousands before being capped off. When you study economy, the max it can go up per turn/click is 5%, if you arent studying 5% per click, you need to hire more researchers (under the hire screen). One if your first priorities in the game should always be to get your studys maxed (economy being the first and foremost).

Another way to get gold is to build buildings the make gold. The first building you should build to increase your gold income is the colloseum since it is the cheapest, after you get a fair amount of colloseums and can support a higher income, moving on to market places is a good idea. Castles increase gold rather dramatically but are worth a LOT of points, building them at lower scores is NOT a good idea because you will have a high score with low amounts of fighters to defend yourself. As a rule of thumb I always wait untill i hit atleast 1 million score before I begin to build castles, and even then they make your kingdom rather weak.

This will take several hundred turns before you will see dramatic improvements, so you want to be sure that you keep your income. Hiring large amounts of enforcers will help protect your studying from being stolen. Studying takes up a lot of turns, and losing your studys will cripple your kingdom for many, many turns. Always keep a high number of enforcers, and always remember, your tech is NEVER 100% safe.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:55 PM

Covert accounts should be looting. That means you needs thieves (which loot and are needed to spy) and ninjas (they assassinate and spy). Then you search for other players, find someone within your score range (which is 20% up and down of your score) and spy on them. You find out how many enforcers they have and try and break them. Normally with a DE a 8:1 ratio (that means you need 8 thieves to their 1 enforcer if you're looting) is safe tho I'm sure they are capable of much better. Then you go to warfare, click on looting. I wouldn't bother with looting anything but research and maybe gold if you're desperate. Make sure to set your taxes and maxing econ ASAP is always most important. As for building alot, I wouldn't build much on an account going all covert. The land is better used in training fields which improves your troop experience and makes them better. The reality is, covert often starts slow and low and that's what you want. You want to be able to stay low so you're in range of ppl you're capable of looting. Also, the benefit of not moving up in score alot is that you don't really need the gold. You should send yourself midases to improve your gold and every turn you take makes gold as long as you aren't starving or using more gold then you make. I do believe we just had this convo last night in chat simple...

Venit et Flamma sentio ...
Old 01-30-2006, 05:57 PM

Also, we are currently working on the help site so please keep checking there for help as well.

http://narmirmanual.topcities.com

Venit et Flamma sentio ...