Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest  

Go Back   Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest > Narmir > General Discussions

Old 03-26-2012, 12:59 PM

Default Is there enough interest to make Narmir competitive again?

I would like to see enough vets and players in general to return to make a competitive Narmir again. I would also like to see regular resets and and tournament teams.I miss LJ's op clowns, Acid reminding me on etiquette, and sven counting how many turns it takes for blood strike to wear off and showing everyone that people can still be whacked by covert..
. I can go on.. but it might get too sappy.
If there are other people to be interested who are willing to play narmir... please post this thread. This way we all can see who is interested and perhaps be able to create some old excitement.

And yes, I even miss chat and EastSport typing "STFU" every other line...
Old 03-26-2012, 05:59 PM

Default Re: Is there enough interest to make Narmir competitive again?

No i am going to guess there isn't enough interest in Narmir to make it competetive right now. There are only 139 places in rankings and even saying everyone only has 3 alts then there are only 46 people playing. I know that you have several more than 3 as do others. Which brings thenumber of people playing to an even smaller number.
My point in my post was not about Narmir being competetive tomorrow. It was to point out that You sitting at the top with so many points doesn't make anyone want to even try.
Sitting at the top like that , with so few players, doesn't prove how good you are at the game. It proves you can ranger farm land and bloat your score with researchers.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:59 AM

I have indeed thought about dropping my fighters/rangers off of my troops for 5 days or so... letting people get land fat to make it competitive again. It is not that hard to let 25million land be reintroduced into the middle of the ranks...

IF THERE ARE PEOPLE WANTING TO BE COMPETITIVE... I am willing to make accommodations... but if it is just going to be a couple of people farming off of dead characters until they reach 25mil score then go away for 6 months... it won't be that competitive.

If path wants to reset sometime in the next month... and we get people to draw up teams... that could work too...

either way... is there an interest of competition? Or am I score jumping with Billion until the next reset?

And if you do not think I will just give up my land.. ask Billion where he got his land from? He has 5.5mil give or take 1mil.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:36 AM

The problem I see is not that people are sitting at high ranks and being untouchable...Its very easy to run characters up near the bottom of those ranks. I ran several characters up to 25-50million score on right around 1000 turns. I even bounced a DE up to a couple hundred million and looted one of Thorn's alts. I could have continued to claw my way around the bottom of those ranks for a while, and Thorn could have annihilated me with spells/attacks every day if he wanted. The problem I have with getting to those ranks, is that a lvl 1 or lvl 2 is not going to stand a chance against lvl 8 or lvl 9 vampires or something. This basically means that you can not play casually and be competitive. You can't come back for a week and continue playing every couple of days and think you're going to take over the top. You have to play multiple alts every single day..for months...just to get yourself leveled up and then you would have a chance to really compete at the top.
I see plenty of people with casual interest, but I don't see any people committed enough to do that, myself included...thats why I was glad to let Thorn give me some land just so I could continue playing around casually at high ranks. Had he started wrecking me every day..I would have just quit. The amount of time and effort it would have required was more than I wanted to give..sad but true
I don't think text based gaming like this is dead at all...I still have a ton of fun just taking turns on a couple alts everyday, whether i'm attacking people or not. I just think people don't have the same attention span they used to in order to stick with a game like this. People want something they can play once in a while and still have fun. As it is now, this game requires more time and effort than it appears people are willing to put in.
My only thought is that maybe Neither would make for a more competitive place..where people could just play every other day and still be able to compete at the top ranks...just a thought, I have no idea how tough it would be to implement...or maybe people could man up and commit to taking turns everyday for a while and see where that goes...
Old 03-28-2012, 09:22 AM

Maybe not neither but one of the slower servers (2turns a hour)might be a good idea. Every few days you can play and still be able to maintain it. uke:
Old 03-28-2012, 07:26 PM

well I know I'm out of practice but I'm tryin to pop in ever so often

Got Rabies?
Old 04-05-2012, 02:52 PM

There might be more players soon. Were finishing Narmir 3D and Im redoing Narmir itself as a graphical interface game in place of just plain java. Not going to change this version itself since people like it still, just add the new versions to it.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:17 PM

The absolute HIGH point of this game was when unused kingdoms became AI kingdoms that you could feed on. That way you always had a ladder to climb in order to reach the top players.

[size=xx-large]` )[/size]

[size=xx-large]DROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size] imp:

[size=large]Sup pathy!? you malevolent beast you![/size]
Old 04-18-2012, 06:33 AM

Heyaz Jarl

Definitely getting AI back in full swing.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:44 PM

What about removing levels on chars?

Not like im playing or anything, but the level disparity comes off as an issue.