Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest  

Go Back   Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest > Role Playing > Role Playing

Old 12-11-2007, 02:35 AM

Default Time...

When in disgrace with fortune and men's eyes
I all alone beweep my outcast state,
And trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries,
And look upon myself, and curse my fate?

With a slight groan, the drow opened her amber eyes. Lifting herself slowly, she took mental note of the tears in her cloak, the cracked armor and shattered sword. She remembered his voice, the one she had followed to this land, but like chaff in the wind the words seemed unintelligible. She was alone, and though she recognized the lands, she knew not where to turn.

Wishing me like to one more rich in hope,
Featured like him, like him with friends possessed,
Desiring this man's art, and that man's scope,
With what I most enjoy contented least?

Behind her lie the ruins she and her lover had shared. Once upon a time, these halls had held so much mirth, so many plans? Running her hand over the stones, the voice beckoned to her again. She strained to hear his words, eyes closed in concentration, but once again the knowledge was beyond her grasp. Like a ghost, she moved through the remains, searching for a trace of meaning, an ounce of hope?

Yet in these thoughts my self almost despising,
Haply I think on thee, and then my state,
Like to the lark at break of day arising
From sullen earth, sings hymns at heaven's gate;

Before her lie a broken table, a great behemoth of wood and stone. Kneeling now, she closed her eyes and whispered.

"Nazdreg? where??

The wind stirred her hair, its warmth almost as surprising as its insistence, and she looked upward. The stone wall before her fell away and slowly a smile played upon her lips.

For thy sweet love remembered such wealth brings
That then I scorn to change my state with kings.

The sun crested the horizon, the light touching distant cities, dancing upon the rivers and streams. Malache bowed her head in silent prayer for her comrades, then rose and turned from the ruins. Once, there had been happiness? there had been war councils? there had been dreams? Those times were past. Perhaps time would bring her new allies, or rekindle sparks left burning in those that had remained. As always, it would be the burden of Time itself to tell the tale?
Old 12-11-2007, 07:34 PM

Default an Un-Likely Allie

Strange, the sent of a suffering mortal. like the waters from a mountain spring, cool and refreshing to a spirit such as i.
I must find this mortal, for I am not the only one that has noticed this these strong emotions. And if I am correct the life of this mortal may be in grave danger.

You can evade me no more than you could your own Shadow.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Discoveries

Glancing up from the scrolls, Malache sighed. The work was coming along well enough, but she had hoped to find more during her search through what remained of Nazdreg?s castle. Most everything of value had been carried off, and save for these few scrolls she?d found there was little left. She rose and turned to the balcony, watching the peasants bustle about in their daily routines.

?Ahem??

Mala turned and eyed her new advisor Talim. He was efficient, but had yet to learn that when the door to her study was closed, it meant to stay out??Yes Talim, what is it?? Turning back to the view of the city streets, Mala silently wished that Sima, her advisor many years ago, had survived their ordeal in the swamps. His brother Talim was taller, more accustomed to working in the forge rather than the castle, but he was adept at handling the duties Mala asked of him.

The young elf rummaged through his pack, carefully choosing his words. ?M?Lady, we?ve, uh, we?ve found something?? Slowly he withdrew a shard of what looked like bluish glass and placed it in the center of the desk. Her ears flicking backward, Mala?s eyes widened as she heard the sound. Dashing to the desk, she snatched up the crystal and held it up to the light. Talim stepped backward quickly, fearing both her sudden movement and the possible reprimand for what may have been merely a chunk of stone. He watched her face as she turned the shard over and over, wondering if he should stay or leave?

?Thank you, Talim,? Mala whispered at last. Finally, something that could be of use? The shard was part of a crystal she had used to keep watch over Nazdreg?s efforts in the battlefield, and with hope she could extract some knowledge from it. She moved to her bookshelf, wrapping the crystal in some cloth before setting it on the shelf. Taking one of the dusty tomes, Mala returned to her desk and sighed. ?Please keep me informed if anything else is found, Talim. And thank you again?? Her voice trailed off as she slowly paged through the book. Talim bowed, then quickly made his escape. The sudden changes in his liege?s moods made him nervous. After all, spending that much time with an ork was bound to leave impressions on her?
Old 12-12-2007, 12:56 PM

Default a Friendly warning

M?lady, M?LADY!!! Talim?s screams of the elf echoed throughout the ruins of the once proud home on an orcish warlord. M?LADY!! Death himself has come for us!! Malache thought for a second that the sorrows of not knowing the fate of so many close friends had warped the elfs mind, but quickly decided otherwise as she caught the a glimpse of a tall and deathless figure floating down the main hall. Jumping from her desk she drew a sword from the weapons cabinet and readied herself for battle. You shall not take us demon!! The threat did not cause the figure an ounce of concern, as it hastened it pace towards the young drow. Talim lept to his liege?s defense, drawing his bow and firing it into the head of the ghostly specter.

CLACK! The arrow had passed through the specters head and bounced off the far wall of the hallway. He braced himself for death?s embrace, but felt only cold as the specter passed through him and headed for his master. NOOOO!! Talim screamed as he ran to try and stop the creachers approach.
CALM YOURSELF MORTAL! Called a cold and lifeless voice. If I were here to fight you would already be dead.
Who are you demon!! And what have you done with my beloved!!!

I know not of whom you speak, for I have come to warn you of an evil that seeks to consume your very essence.
As if I would trust a demon such as you! She spat at him. Her eyes glowed with a firry amber which sent chills down Talim?s spine as he watched from the doorway.
As I said before I didn?t come here to fight you. Then why did you come here demon! She said. Eyeing him with cautious Amber orbs.
I came here to warn you. He said in a calm voice. Warn me, warn me of what? She asked. Lowering her sword slowly.
To warn you of a evil that seeks to end your life. And what is this evil you speak of. Of that I cannot say, but what I can tell you is that it does not bode well for you or your friend. All I know is that if we want to stop it we will have to work together.

You can evade me no more than you could your own Shadow.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:58 AM

Default Tenative acceptance

Malache eyed the spectre cautiously. It couldn?t be killed? Talim?s arrow had proven that. However, she couldn?t bring herself to fully trust the demon. It amused her, though, that Nazdreg himself had gone questing to merge himself with a demon in order to become more powerful, and all she had to do was sit in her study for demons to appear. A slight smile twitched across her face as she thought of the irony?

?I amuse you, drow?? The spectre hissed, its form neither solid nor truly transparent. ?I come to warn you??

?Of something that means to end my life,? Malache finished. The smile had faded to a stern look, her eyes dark and her sword at the ready. ?There are many things here that spell my death, beast. If you wish to hold palaver, then speak.? Malache paused for a brief moment, looking at Talim and nodding. He closed the door, then moved to stand behind her. ?I am not in the habit of making deals with creatures of your ilk??

Talim moved closer to Mala, whispering his protests. She glanced over her shoulder at him, flicking her gaze to the wrapped shard on the shelf. He followed her eyes, then quieted. Turning once more to face the apparition, she exhaled slowly and waited.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:00 AM

Default What lies ahead

Talim watched his liege, terrified at the thought that she was actually considering listening to the apparition before her. He knew from his brother?s notes that Malache was troubled by Nazdreg?s fall, but to see her like this?

?You seek answers in these ruins when there are none, drow?? the creature whispered, it?s voice cutting through the elves like a cold dagger. ?All that remains are fragments of times past?? The spectre gestured to the bookshelf, and Talim winced as he saw Malache begin to tremble. ?In these trinkets lie only madness. You must focus on what is before you??

?And what is that?? Malache demanded, walking toward the beast.

The spectre moved back to the door, fading in and out of visibility. ?Look to the east, drow? The Desert Tombs? halls of the fallen? there you will find the answers you seek. Remain vigilant? there are friends here amongst your enemies, and you will need their help if you are to survive??

Talim watched in awe as the apparition faded completely. Moving to stand beside Mala, he bowed his head. ?To the east?? He asked softly.

Malache glanced at him, placing one small hand on his shoulder. ?To the east?? she whispered, her voice trailing off and her eyes closing. ?To whatever lies in the halls of the dead??
Old 12-21-2007, 02:40 PM

Default A Long Night

Graven hops from tree to tree hunting for small deer to keep food on the table of his clan, Other Elves and Foxlings are out hunting as well. The dew is still on the trees as a young deer races thru the woods trying to get away *SMACK* an arrow hits its mark the deer falls lifeless to the ground. Graven hops out of the trees and lands behind Squeeky Kaliska's adviser a tuff little foxling,Nice shot Squeeky i'll make a hunter out of you yet
Squeeky smiles,Thankz boss alwayz sayz keep your eyez on the pray never let it get awayz.
*Back at the den*
The table was layed out 12 deer and 1 rabbit cooked, A good days hunt Graven said smiling i think Kaliska will be pleased with us ... The young Dragon Kaliska was small for her breed but most demons knew not to mess with her and her allies Jatu found out the hard way,Kaliska still holds the scars from Evil Crimson's death. A long gray scar runs from her left eye all the way down her neck Evil Crimson Died a bloody death the demons poison was slow to kill her but his claws killed her in the end.. the shadow death dragon had merged the souls and bodies of Evil Crimson and Kaliska..the young Dragon had alway felt somthing was missing but the shadow dragon fixed that.
After everyone had had thier fill of deer and beer it was bed time .. Kaliska layed down at the door of the cave thinking of great battles of old that her father would tell her for bed time stories.Kaliska had just gone to sleep when somthing didnt feel right the frogs in the lake down the hill wasnt calling for rain and the wolves wernt singing thier love songs of the night something wasnt right at all. Kaliska growled this is going to be a long night :-?

Old 12-21-2007, 11:33 PM

Default Waking of the Warrior Dragon

Darkness.....

It is what consumes my dreams. I can never see. I can never hear. I can never feel, or smell or any of the other things that all forms of life become depended on.

I have lost all sense of time since this darkness has consumed my dreams. It sometime feels as if just a second has passed or days of agonizing slowness. I have grown accustomed to this, but what I never expected was the sudden onslaught of light that blinded me momentarly.

When my eyes accustomed to the light I looked around and saw that I was in a sealed room inside of a cave. Rev walked over to the exit to the room. The exit was blocked by a door with many runes that were fading with old age. Rev looked around and found a sword laying near stuck in the ground. Rev walked over and grabbed it with one of his clawed hands.

He walked back over to the door and swung the blade with most of the strength he could muster at the moment and striked the door. The magic of the runes tried to resist the power of his sword, but the runes had already lost to much enegry over the years. A great explosion occured and smoke obsured the cave.

Through the smoke a shadow appeared. Rev walked through the smoke to the exit of the cave where light could be seen. When the light that had entered the cave shined in Rev's eyes, he quickly wrapped his wings around him to block out the light of the sun. When he adjusted to the light of the sun, he looked and say that he was in a forest. He was assulted by the scents, smells, sounds, and sights of the forest. He was stunned beyond belief. He could of sworn that the cave that he was sealed in was surrounded by a desert. Could he had been sealed away longer than he thought. He could remember his name and his life except for the parts that lead up to him being sealed away.

It didn't matter know though. What matter was that he find something to eat and drink will quick. Being sealed away for a long time could make one very hungry, expecially when your a draconian. Rev then jumped out of the cave and land on the ground below and ran through the forest to hunt.

The story goes he made a deal to save someone he loved. He\'d be normal during the day, but at night, in the presence of evil, the Rider takes over
Old 12-23-2007, 03:48 AM

Default Re: Waking of the Warrior Dragon

In Rev's search for food he caught the scent of blood. He followed the scent and found a patch of grass covered in blood. Rev knew it was fresh. He couldn't discreen the other scents that surround the area that had taken the body of the animal that had left the blood.

Rev decided to hunt carefully as to not attract any attention from whoever else was in the forest. Eventhough he was powerful, he had just woken up from a deep enchanted slumber and there was no telling when he would be back at full strength. He then caught the scent of another animal nearby. He quickly followed the scent and saw a deer eating some fallen fruit.

He quickly climbed a tree and move from branch to branch until he was over the deer. He then jump down and landed on top of the deer. The deer struggled to get away, but Rev overpowered the deer and snapped it's neck with ease. He then dragged it back to the cave he had gotten out of earlier. He was able to throw it all the way up to the cave entrance and then jump as high as he could at the moment and grabbed a ledge and climbed up the rest of the way.

When he entered the cave he got to work on making a fire since it was getting close to night. He grabbed pieces of wood that was inside of the cave and piled some of it up. He then breathed fire though the openning of his mask to light the wood. After the fire was made, he skinned the deer and cut some meat off to roast over the fire.

He removed his helmet to reveal a head that was human. There were differences though. The pupils of his eyes were slitted and an unearthly shade of red, his ears were pointy, the top of his forehead looked like he had a pair of tiny horns growing out. When he opened his mouth to eat he revealed teeth that were sharp and pointy. The only thing that was normal was his long black hair that was apparently keep in a pony-tail.

Rev finished his dinner and got up and walked to the entrance of the cave. He then wrapped his wings around himself and looked up at the full moon in the sky. He couldn't help but notice that the forest was unnaturally quiet and he couldn't help but feel a bit of nevousness creep into him. He quickly gave the moon one last glance and then walked back inside to get a bit of sleep before he set out and explore and learn about what has been happening while he had been sleeping.

The story goes he made a deal to save someone he loved. He\'d be normal during the day, but at night, in the presence of evil, the Rider takes over
Old 12-23-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Lightning Strikes

Walking through the forest with his muramasa in its sheath
the legendary slayer of a thousand men was searching for his next oppenent who would be the one who could satify his lust for battles. However he has not yet found such an oppenent since everyone he faces are weakling of their own levels and fall by his sword in a matter of seconds. When this man fell the swordsman cried out "Is there no one who can match me in this world."

Not knowing it though it was night and the moon was full and in the light of the full moon the man's eyes shined their color of blood red which everyone called him by his nickname Demon Eyes Kyo. Kyo sensed that it was about to rain and went in search of a hollowed out tree to wait out the rain but not to sleep since he has never slept a day in his life every since he was born as a creature of pure battle instincts. Once the rain was dimming down he started his walk again and followed the path he was on. He continued to walk until he came upon a cliff with a cave at the base of it. It was blocked by a huge boulder but that wouldn't stop him. Normally he would just use a techinque of his muramasa so instead he pushed it out of the way with just one push.

He went inside and he soon sensed something that made him smile that demonic looking smile of his everytime he would engage in a fun battle of strength. So begins Demon Eyes Kyo's story....

Allow the shadows to take hold and change your being. :demon: