Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest  

Go Back   Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest > Narmir > General Discussions

Old 09-10-2005, 10:38 PM

Default Login opinions wanted

As many have learned the sun java has a duck fit if you click on anything on the main page while logged into the game. The alternate login link I added under the normal login button fixes this.

What I want to know is if I should make that the normal method?

Basically remove the login button on the front page and just have that link that makes the new window open for logging in?
Old 09-10-2005, 10:44 PM

Default Re: Login opinions wanted

yes i think you should
Old 09-10-2005, 11:53 PM
Tetris Champion

I think it would help out newbs usin sun java by explaining to them a common problem before it happens. I say use the pop up page method.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:31 AM

Its switched to that now.
Thanks.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:53 PM

While I don't have much of a problem with the current setup (tabs rock for not having too many windows open) I'm thinking that the popup window should be made smaller, and more hidden. It could be easier to work with a 100-200 pixel window with no menus/address bars/etc than having to resize a full one to stay out of your way every single time you want to enter narmir. As another possible(maybe) alternative to popups could be frames... though my stance on that is weak since I dislike most frame setups on the web, and I am not sure they could be used in tandum with the forum software. Oh well, those are my thoughts.

About to explode...
Old 09-13-2005, 12:47 AM

Well the main problem with any changes is that the site is dynamically generate with every click. Its not a frame issue its the fact that the webpage is complete destroyed and remade with every click or login. Thats why a second window is needed. Doesnt have a problem with jview but suns java kills the applet when the page is destroyed. Remember this is all database server driven. There are no static pages.