Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest  

Go Back   Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest > Narmir > General Discussions

Old 11-14-2006, 10:45 PM

Default Next round's War

As many of you have heard, Flame and I have been trying to organize a war for next round. What we've been thinking is that there has been too little competition these last few rounds. That is in part because one team has been too strong and also because nobody else really has cared to play all that much. What we are proposing is an actual organized war. Not a tourney, just good ole fashioned competition. We've heard a lot of vets say that they'll play when the round is serious. We think this is one way to get it serious.

Another part of this war would be that we'd RP it on the side. An example of this was the "can i get a war" thread in chat. The problem we had with that RP was that there was really only 1 person against 6.. so it kinda floundered about without too much being able to be said if that 1 person was gone fromt he game for any length of time. With the war we hope to be able to allow everyone to be creative, without banking on a few for the majority of the story.

We've thrown the idea out to a lot of vets, and most have given us at least a partial commitment to the idea. What we are hoping for now is that everyone can put down their yes's and no's so that we can see exactly what shape this will take.

Again, our aim is to make the game more fun. Competition will do that. We also hope to hear some ideas from all of you on what rules we'll have in place for the war aka multy limits, how teams are chosen, etc.. and any other input you might have.

Thanks
Old 11-15-2006, 02:37 AM

Default Re: Next round's War

that's some good info han...and it does sound good...but what about alliances also...i mean...most people dont want to fight a person of an alliance...and then get jumped by the others...and lose...i think if more wars are going to be brought up...there needs to be more alliances...and more people willing to go to war with other alliances...to prove who is the best...that's my idea though :-D
Old 11-15-2006, 06:08 AM

Thanatosx brings up a good point, and I think more than 2 sides, preferably quite a few more would be nice. This way there can be a lot of switching and people betraying eachother or simply making peace and fighting someone else to make both the round and the roleplaying a bit more fluent.

Also for a multi limit I'd say make that rather low, the lower the limit the more people need to work with others and the more interaction you get between people.
And this also has as added bonus that people with less time on their hands still feel like they can be usefull since they're playing the same amount or close to that amount in chars.

Finally, this looks like a great idea and I'll play ofcourse. I dont think I'll be part of any team tho. I'll play more as a loner on the side line, not mixing too much in the big fights. But I'll post occasionally in the RP thread when it fits. Hopefully this way the fights will be a bit more balanced.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:51 AM

Having more the one team is good but again team 1 3 and 4 are friends and they will team up having team 2 alone again.....whichi willl make the 6 v.s 1 problem again

and i will definatly participate in this next round

Bite me...
Old 11-15-2006, 11:13 AM

Well...
Alliances should be atleast 4-5ppl in each 1... and seein how theres atleast 30 serious players that should make a few decent groups... just means instead of certain alliances kissin everyone they think is goods ass...they can take a less exp. player under their wing... goal is to get more ppl involved, and this is good way to help ppl learn and add new faces to Todays Wars..
If theres gonna be a multi limit i say either someone watches things very close or have path make a limit, cause i trust half these ppl asmuch as id trust eating at the Dahmers...
and for the RP'in.. why not try making the alliances catagorized... like ur good alliances... neutral...evil alliances... then rp'in would have more of a point instead of a highelf and his darkelf allie attackin woodelves and thier orc allies... cant say ive seen too many HE's and DE's holdin hands dancin thru the woods...shit dont happen
Yeah it limits ur races to pick but also adds a lil challenge. If you decided to play good races then u myte join someone u normally wouldnt be allied with... plus would make most try harder learning new races they normally wouldnt try.. and may end up liking. Thats just a idea tho...
And if u want competition ppl r gonna have to quit with this lala land lovey dovey #OOPS#... I dont care how long u have stuck ur lips to someones ass... games a game, u play to win and u fight ur enemies... if they r not allied to u then u attack them...end of story. All this "Boo Hoo i will not and cannot attack my "friends" #OOPS# has got to go. And mostly im sayin this to euro boy and his groupies...
Old 11-15-2006, 01:50 PM

I like LJ's idea on the alignment method. Pick a good captain, an evil captain and a neutral captain. Whoevers with each of the captains has to pick races that fit in that alignment. Adds flavor and would help with the rping too.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:31 PM

nice ideas so far

and yes on low multie limit...
because masterbation is gay
Old 11-15-2006, 03:02 PM

I also like the idea of the evil vs good vs neutral. That would work really well with the races that get the bonuses vs undead, etc. I think it'ld be best if no team allied with another. LJ has pretty much hit it all on the head. It's to get some newbs and other non vets and get them going in the game. It's to get ppl to learn to work together and Thanatos, you'll be in an alliance in the war. How you work it out is up to your captain and your team. So, we still need ppl to post who want in the war and I think we need ppl to also say what race they're most interested in playing/trying so we can get an idea of what side they'll be on as well.

Venit et Flamma sentio ...
Old 11-15-2006, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Lord_Jester wrote:
And mostly im sayin this to euro boy and his groupies...
Like i said i wont play much and will stay out of the main thing. So you wont be able to use me as an excuse.

One other thing that continues on the allignment idea would be to not restrict people to 1 allignment.
But simply have all evil races and characters be allied together. Obviously not an ingame alliance, but for example let evil races only be allowed to hit neutral and good.
That way you never truely get a stale round since if for example the good races dominate, people can make more evil ones. And it also fixes a lot of the no hit and politics stuff that people often complain about.
Plus people are able to roleplay more than 1 character and for example play a pally fighting evil undead, but also a gryphon fighting both good and evil.

It does ofcourse take a bit of effort and faith in the narmir community, since then nobody would truely be your ally unless both of you play only good characters.

The same is needed for the multi limit. Its clear everyone is trying to improve the game and keep more players here. So its in everyones best interests to not break any limit we agree on.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:43 PM

I would be more than willing to play in the war. I always like competition and this is a great thing to get new players to learn the game. This is something I always try to push for and I hope it works out great!

I would actually like to try gryphons next round. Maybe I'll try some others, but I'll have to see.

Also, what really makes the game "boring" and makes people quit is when there is one huge alliance in the top and no one's able to move at all. It mostly starts at the very beginning of the round, and unless they quit, it continues until the round ends.

Anywho, I guess my suggestion is that instead of everyone rushing to the top, we try fighting each other because that makes the game interesting.

I understand that getting land and other things causes major score jumping, but I'm just saying that we should try to ease up a little on the major score jumping and rushing to the top, ya know.

I fear that this will happen next round, and proceeding rounds, but I'm sure we'll be able to work with it.

Target\'s fighting spirit down. Calculating BP, SP, and DNN.