Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest  

Go Back   Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest > Narmir > Game Status and Help

Old 06-13-2016, 02:42 AM

Default Fix wont work for me

sorry if im posting in the wrong place but the help link on the main page is down it seems. anyhoo,i couldnt play on chrome i guess it doesnt support java anymore? (stupid) so then i got firefox but it says theres unsigned code in the applet and it has to be high or very high security certificate,or in exceptions list but i cant pout it in exceptions list because it has to then be a secure connection (https:// not http://) it even gives me an option to DONT BLOCK when i try to launch FWlaunch but it blocks it anyway! I put the policy file in my x86/Java/security/whatever where it goes (it overwrote the old one) but didnt seem to matter. I am running Windows 7 Home Professional or w/e..... any help would be appreciated,thanks.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:56 AM
Administrator

I'll see if I can come up with another work around.
Old 06-22-2016, 03:31 AM
Administrator

Just tested it. Wouldn't work till I added the policy file changes I mentioned in the work around and then it went right in after those changes.
Old 02-15-2018, 01:47 PM

Question Narmir down?

I cant seem to login it says i need java enabled,I downloaded the policy file and moved it into the specified place and overwrote the old one. Ive tried in google and i heard chrome blocks some elements now so i also tried in firefox but i get the same result. is the server offline or is it something else? any help is appreciated.
Old 02-20-2018, 05:31 PM
Administrator

Servers up. Java is just a royal pain with all the changes they make with it.
Old 02-20-2018, 05:34 PM
Administrator

I just tested it and I was able to log in fine.

Well after a bazillion clicks of java complaining.
Old 02-23-2018, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowz View Post
I just tested it and I was able to log in fine.

Well after a bazillion clicks of java complaining.
Oh....ok.

"Sorry, you must use a Java capable browser or enable Java in your browsers options to play Narmir. WebTV users, currently WebTV does NOT support Java and so you won't be able to play this game."

like I said I've tried on two different browsers and this is the message I get in both,i installed the file from the front page and the only thing that has done is caused my java to stop auto-updating properly so im going to have to re-install it. Any suggestions? I'd really like to try the game.
Old 02-23-2018, 07:04 PM
Administrator

I have that setting mentioned in mine and mine updated when I went to log in so it didn't stop it from updating. If you see the sorry message then java isn't active since that is a check to see if an applet can load.

Check the plugins on your browser and make sure java is enabled.
Old 02-24-2018, 08:56 AM

That can't be it because I play several java games elsewhere. I even run 3-4 at a time in separate tabs most days... And I have literally no issues.

No its something with THIS game,or its certificate. Maybe you guys could write a client to access the game directly? Like I said,I've done everything I could come up with on my end,trying multiple browsers (including an OLD version of Firefox,to bypass the java updates everyone seems to be blaming) white listing all variations of the webpages in java security,and nothing seems to work. Sucks not to be able to play as it came highly recommended to me,but I'm guessing it needs some work badly,as the above quoted error message references webTV users,and that set top equipment is not only something I don't nor have ever used,its been completely defunct for close to 20 years now.
Old 02-27-2018, 04:32 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
That can't be it because I play several java games elsewhere. I even run 3-4 at a time in separate tabs most days... And I have literally no issues.

No its something with THIS game,or its certificate. Maybe you guys could write a client to access the game directly? Like I said,I've done everything I could come up with on my end,trying multiple browsers (including an OLD version of Firefox,to bypass the java updates everyone seems to be blaming) white listing all variations of the webpages in java security,and nothing seems to work. Sucks not to be able to play as it came highly recommended to me,but I'm guessing it needs some work badly,as the above quoted error message references webTV users,and that set top equipment is not only something I don't nor have ever used,its been completely defunct for close to 20 years now.
Oh its oooooold. Its kept running for those that liked it and yes it needs a new client.