Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest  

Go Back   Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest > Narmir > General Discussions

Old 11-28-2005, 12:24 PM

Default Petition to ban

Yeah I'm starting a petition to ban the player who keeps making hilly's and cyc's. This is obviously a very malicious and underhanded tactic to drive players from the game and to have fun at others expense. Thalia created her char and not a minute later it was already being attacked by this player. Thats a very frustrating start to a game and a newb would most likely say hell with this game and leave without a second thought. Anyways it's day 2 of this BS and I really hope no one has to put up with much more of it. Please people give your 2 cents on the issue.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Petition to ban

While it is quite annoying and low taste to be hitting even newbies like this and not just vets, it is not against the rules in any way. They are not superior players. Honestly, they actually suck. Basically just using the base HG/Cyc mod to win with the starting 200 turns. However, they are not unstoppable. Even High Elves/Humans (tested) set up right can defend vs the initial attacks. Think of this as good practice on building defense.

There is no way they can play the chars every day, so, just deal with them for the first 3-4 days. Besides, this is the most action Narmir has seen since who knows when. Fun if you ask me.

[size=medium]Totus vestri animus es belong volo..[/size]
Old 11-28-2005, 02:12 PM

Im a newb..and i was under the impression the idea was hit and be hit...

so getiing attacked right out of the gate(i was) seemed normal to me..i just attacked back.

Is this Wrong?
Old 11-28-2005, 02:27 PM

Nah your not wrong, really, but some are getting hit 30 times a day leaving them hard pressed to build up defenses or offenses at the moment as well as being aggrivating as hell knowing if you attack back it doesn't matter cuz they more than likely won't use that char again and don't care, and if this starts a damn trend I'm saying hell with this game. Yes I can get past the BS zone but I would rather rather spend my time fighting someone I can fight back not some pansy that hides and exploits the rules.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:50 PM

I noticed the attacks..but again thought it was normal..

I agree most players would just leave ..being beat down like that...

It also seems to me if you exploit the code you should be punished somehow.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:06 PM

Well, seeing how i just found out that the person is paths son, i would say this thread is a mook point. :P
(and no rules were broken still)

[size=medium]Totus vestri animus es belong volo..[/size]
Old 11-28-2005, 05:07 PM

If you haven't noticed, I got attacked too.. but you don't see me whining about he.. hehe Just cause you got attacked doesn't mean you should just petition to ban the attacker. I noticed that he's taken more turns on some.. so I dont' know if they're just going to get AI or not I hope so.. FREE LAND!!! but anyway... it's still going on... a lot of people thing it's Hawkeye.. but I think it's El Queso (seems to happen everytime he gets in chat)

Target\'s fighting spirit down. Calculating BP, SP, and DNN.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:53 PM

Eh whatever jes made the ban thing to get peeps attention and maybe get the person scared and stop. Still think it's BS though for newbs if I had started back in the day to something like that I wouldn't have stayed. Getting owned by the likes of sven, jarlaxle, TDB, etc is fun, you know who your fighting. Getting attacked by disposables over and over sux. And Jin what haven't you whined about!? So I'm grumpy I'm mostly wanting peeps that come here to stay so the games more fun without resorting to cheap stuff.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:57 PM

First of all, DONT CALL ME JIN

Secondly, it's highly contradictory of people to first when I was playing, I would whine about being attacked all the time. and I wouldnt' do anything about it.. now I do something about it.

But now you guys are whining about some dude who made a few HGs/Cycs and started pwning you. it's kinda like you're saying: well, we can whine, but you can't.

I haven't whine about being attacked by this person and I don't intend to, but to try to get some dude banned just because he made some characters and started owning is ludacris.

Thirdly, I have not whined about ANYTHING at all since I got back. and I don't know who you are, but if you want to step up, then fight me in the game. Otherwise shut up and go on about your business.

Target\'s fighting spirit down. Calculating BP, SP, and DNN.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:41 AM

*sigh* Jin read my lil sig thingy there below the posts if you don't know who I am. And yes Jin I have owned you plenty throughout your time in narmir although obviously you don't pay attention very well to your surroundings.

Secondly I said I was just trying to get peeps attention and scare the person into quitting that tactic or slowing it down and yes I had a bad day and was irritable so sue me it happens.

Thirdly your whining about whining... Anyways Jin you know I can be friendly but don't just go rambo in a thread try to stay calm, you get all "speshal" sounding when you get worked up.