Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest  

Go Back   Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest > Narmir > Game Status and Help

Old 12-11-2005, 12:17 PM

Default Send attack!

Ok,

everybody have experienced the suspance before hitting the "send attack buton"... but I'm recently experiencing that my army is often defeated in battle and I'm wondering why. I've played high elves last time and won many battles with a light use of magic, while now that I'm using Knight templars it seems i cannot face almost anybody. So i guess I'm doing something wrong and would like to understand WHAT-

I have a lot of farmers (40% of my land) so I can support a lot of fighters and reangers and clerics, compared with my land. All of them are armed and armored. I have 10% of my land in training fields. Knight Templars' troops are considered good, even if not as strong as Hill Giant's, having these scores on the HS help site:

fighters 7,5
rangers 7
clerics 7
armors 9,5
weapons 9

It seems to me very hard to explain how can I be defeated in battle (defend or attack it is the same) from covert races such as dark elves, who have weak fighters and decent rangers... so what's wrong?

Another question: do weapons and armors work? Do improved armors (e.g. chain mail) effectively grant more protection in battle? And do copper swords give more power than clubs (i mean, is it implemented in the current version of the game?)

Thank you in advance

Koldun
Old 12-11-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Send attack!

do u have a lot of researcher's and covert units?
these tend to put you in a higher score and tougher oponents
Old 12-11-2005, 10:31 PM

[size=large]I didn't know that knight templar fighters were as strong as hill giants...[/size]
Old 12-11-2005, 11:46 PM

Yep everything works
Old 12-15-2005, 05:49 AM

I simply based my assumptions on the statistics found in the Hell Spawn help site. A 7.5 fighter score, with a 7 for rangers and a 7 for clerics seems to me a good bunch of scores for war reasons. I am disappointed by battle results... that's all. I understand I cannot face hill giants or dire wolves, but thought I cound have faced races such as dark elves, rakshasa or similar.
And, for Avatar, i had no thieves or ninjas and just a few researchers. Yes, i have enforcers, but who haven't some?

K
Old 12-15-2005, 02:01 PM

[size=large]hehe.. lots have no enforcers... *evil grin* O`)[/size]
Old 12-15-2005, 02:04 PM

The only thing I can think of is that you have too much score in land. You might just need more troops. The other thing you need to think about is 7 in fighters is good and all but all the races have a different base number to start with so a 7 for dires may not be as good as a 7 for HG. (ex) Lots of variables now with the point system so you may just need to experiment. Maybe you even need a different troop set up. Just experiment.

Venit et Flamma sentio ...
Old 12-15-2005, 03:38 PM

Yes I know I have to experiment, but sometimes it means you learn with a bitter taste...
For the troops question, I have almost half of my land in farmers, and cannot support one more fighter without seeing my food falling... also have entertainment high enough; baasically I think it's hard to imagine someone else qith same land as I and more troops... that's why I'm disappointed of past defeats.
Except for giant races (hg, ettins..) all races have a fighter score below 8, so 7.5 seems to me VERY high.
Anyway, let's experiment the game and we'll see...

For jarlaxle: I've read your post about the weapons system... do u know how does it actuelly works? Thanks

K
Old 12-15-2005, 04:20 PM

You can make too much food. Sounds like you need to convert some of your land to castles. I've never had 40% of my land in farms.

Venit et Flamma sentio ...
Old 12-15-2005, 07:24 PM

just because your food is going down doesn't mean that if you were to hire more troops you could not keep them... you can have over 10k food intake than the amount you produce and still hire more troops... just as long as you have a few rangers... I usually search for food until my vaults can't hold anymore money.. then I hire more troops.. but if I think I'm getting too food-consumy, I just search for food until it's at a safe number then I build farms or I build castles or some kind of population building...

Target\'s fighting spirit down. Calculating BP, SP, and DNN.