Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest  

Go Back   Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest > Narmir > General Discussions

Old 02-09-2007, 12:08 AM

Default why i keep coming back and playing NARMIR

oh where to begin.........

first off im probably older than most players,my first "video game" was pong,i grew up with atari sega and nintendo,I cut my teeth with a comadore 64,a radio shack trs model 3 when having 128K.. yes K.. ram meant you were king turd of poop island.My first exposure to now (20yrs later) what is the internet home of MYspace yahoo google etc etc ....I remember running with dual floppy 5 1/4 drives on my apple 2e MAN I WAS ACTUALY COMPUTING THEN lol.My neighbor worked for NASA and he showed me this thing called a "WINCHESTER HARD DRIVE" and i could store up to 1.2 OMFG MEGABYTES of data on it.GOOD lord what was this world coming too.Having played and got bored with my colecovision,atari 2600 games and seeing how these "computers" were able to do more,i self taught Basic Fortran and Cobol just so i could make up my own games.My first exposure to what is now the "internet" came when i was in highschool,my "computer" classes where taught by a math teacher and just like outta war games me and a couple of buddies ran the entire "network",we quicly found that we could dial certain numbers and get access to all kinds of other computers.DID WE HACK,UHHHH I DON KNOW myself i stumbled on a text based submarine warfare simulator on compuserve,got hooked and never looked back.Now 20 yrs later i have such huge choices to make do i play WOW,GUILD WARS,SIMSor any other of innumerable on line games with flashy graphics,dolby 7.0 surround sound 50 million players and subscription fees.NO I DO NOT.

I stumbled on Narmir 2 yrs ago playing the HTML version(SHADOWMERE)i made a kingdom failed miserabley got mad at Jester,Shot my mouth off in chat,got blasted for it and never quite was able to go away.There is a wonderfull community here in Narmir,Unlike a lot of so-called "FREE" text based, play in you browser ,games out there NARMIR is truly free to play.There is no "send us 10 20 30 dollars to upgrade your account to playability or a select dozen or so UBER players who basicly run the entire game.Flame,Bang,East,Shay,Snickers,EviLpath,QuickZ ,you all have become friends of mine and (GOD FORGIVE ME FOR SAYING THIS) YES YOU TOO JESTER.I may stray and try other games,god knows over the years i've tried and played hundreds but I will always keep Grimace alive and registered here.To me Narmir has suceeded in what a true "game" sould be,entertaining(just lurk in chat for awhile),fun,a challenge and above all else a place to come too, and forget about life for awhile.To me the game becomes secondary to the people and friends i have made

-GRIMACE-
Old 02-09-2007, 12:13 PM

Default Re: why i keep coming back and playing NARMIR

My first video game was also on atari and it was space invaders and yeah, I had pong too. My parents also bought some math game, it didn't get much use. We had a compaq in our house and all the games were stored on floppies. I had like arcade games on it, I think I played Dig Dug mostly. Only cause it was the only one I really recognized. It was my step Dad's games after all. Nintendo didn't really become big until I was in my teens and as a girl, wasn't into it at all and I have to say, it was hella boring sitting around watching a bunch of guys playing that boxing game with Tyson in it and Glass Jaw Joe or whatever his name was and Mario seriously wasn't much better. Of course when no one was around...that was a different story....

As for Narmir, for me, I think my Narmir addiction comes from it being my first online game. I think your first is what you base all others on. I also have tried other games and the chat communities aren't as nice or the games aren't as fun or there's no chat. Lots of different things. I've tried games with graphics and yeah, they're pretty and stuff but you have to go into those games with friends. That's just my experience anyways. Narmir goes through phases of low tides and high tides but I always love it, even when ppl are getting on my nerves. I take a step back now. But in the end, for me, nothing's touched my Narmir home and family and the friends I've met here.

Venit et Flamma sentio ...
Old 02-09-2007, 04:41 PM

Default Re: why i keep coming back and playing NARMIR

Wow... I'd have to say that the reasons for coming back to Narmir are not only to get better, but to prove to people and to myself that I can become one of the best at this game...

I think about that sometimes "why DO I really come back when people think I'm the most ignorant person in the world" then I think... ya know... their opinions mean nothing... If I feel okay with myself, then fine... doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

I've played this game close to 5 years (and I'm sure people will try to argue that) but anywho, when I first started I got banned... and I don't really know why, or care to remember why I got banned... I just remember bill booting me for having his color and someone, probably HS, counting down the "time" I had left until I got booted... but of course I didn't know what was going on. Then I remember afterwards being banned..

But anywho, I came back as Jin Kazama... and well I haven't been banned =) I'm happy...

I've made a few friends, and I'm okay with that... but I'm pretty much a lone-ranger. I'm the kind of person who can trust anyone when I get to meet him/her... but I doubt that many people trust me..

And grimace, I see you as a great friend (it really surprised me when you told me you were 39!) and I have many other friends: Flame, BB, Kaliska, Hawkeye, SoulT, Coelura, Sion, and many others.

The best thing I've ever accomplished is getting to 6bil score in Neither, and getting to 1bil score in Narmir. (I cheated because it was the last day before reset ) but yeah... I'm not happy with it.. and I'm a perfectionist (I don't mean to be=/)

I know I've gotten mad at people before.. and it's mostly because I get frustrated at the game... and people jumping on me at the same time doesn't help

but anywho, it's a part of who I am and I have to live with it I don't see myself leaving Narmir any time soon.

Narmir has become a big part of me too.. Sometimes I hear people talking about other online games and I think "ya know.. they shouldn't be talking about other online games in chat" and such but yeah, I'm weird.

anywho, The main reason I come back is to prove myself and I think I'm doing a pretty darn good job.

Target\'s fighting spirit down. Calculating BP, SP, and DNN.