Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest  

Go Back   Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest > Narmir > Game Status and Help

Old 10-24-2013, 11:36 AM

Tech loss thing has to go
Old 10-26-2013, 06:14 PM
Tetris Champion

Been thinking about the "worlds" or "regions" concept.

Right now, you have someone's location. You're good to go. Click a button, attack them, etc.

Well, with different regions in Narmir, that could change. Let's start off with 4 regions.

Tycar
Adimar
Neither
Varuh

Now, where you are begins to affect things, and opens a ton more gameplay options.

-I'm in Tycar. I want to attack someone in Varuh. It'll take 5 turns to get there.
-I'm in Tycar. I want to attack someone in Tycar. It'll take 1 turn since we're so close.
-I'm in Neither, I want to change the weather in Adimar. I cast thunderstorms, decreasing all Adimar kingdoms' income by 10% until the weather changes (10% chance every hour for weather to get better, 5% for it to get worse... nartual weather).
-I cast meteor shower on a kingdom in Tycar. Other kingdoms in Tycar may get stray meteors (maybe 1-3 other kingdoms at 20% chance each).
-I sent ninjas to assassinate someone in Tycar (I'm from Adimar). Allies of my enemy catch my ninjas en route (5% chance for enfs to try and stop... if not enough enfs, fails to stop ninjas for no result on the attempt).
-I sent ninjas to assassinate someone in Tycar (I'm from Adimar). My allies in Tycar decide to help out by staging troops near the opposite end of the kingdom, drawing attention there (5% chance for enfs to notice my ninjas go by... if they do, I get a 10% bonus to my assassination attempt).

Well, I'm in Varuh, but it's full of my enemies. Alright... I'll establish a capital in Tycar where my allies are. I'll lose a ton of troops and land and stuff, but it'll be easier in the end.

Also, perhaps an in-game way of being part of multiple alliances. You set one to be your public alliance... but no one really knows what alliance you are actually going for. All they can see is the one you have declared public alligience to. The only reason for this is to aid in the allied help/hindrance stuff from above... so you can help covertly (unless you are caught helping by someone paying attention to an enemy alliance seeming to have more success lately... perhaps we have a traitor?).

Just random thoughts. Feel free to pick them apart and use or not use any of them in part or total... or to mutate them into your own ideas.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:24 PM
Tetris Champion

Also, a way to "covertly" attack someone. Maybe I have a bunch of mages hiding my banners from the enemy. Maybe I have thieves/ninjas forging information to make it look as if I'm attacking as someone else.

Bang Bang's Kingdom was attacked by Dire Wolves today, they were defeated in open combat.

Bang Bang's Kingdom was attacked by some sort of animals today, they successfully repelled the invasion.

Bang Bang's army was attacked by fucked up, smiling humanoids with facepaint and nail polish today, the invaders walked awkwardly off the battle field, but not soon enough.