Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest  

Go Back   Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest > Narmir > General Discussions

Old 11-23-2007, 01:39 AM

Default Re: Covert

I have to agree with lsd on this one...

Like he said, you can either protect your land or you can protect your tech... you protect one, more, that makes you weaker in the other...

I haven't landfarmed ... this round either... and I've just been warring and such... and I've been keeping enforcers... and pretty much all of my characters got looted... and THEN I still lost land... from having so many enforcers which bloated my score...

Target\'s fighting spirit down. Calculating BP, SP, and DNN.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:27 AM

Thank you everyone for your input. It is greatly appreciated, but some people really need to learn to stay on topic here. This is to find out if you are for keeping covert in as is , which means it stays broken. Or, if you want it removed and possibly recoded later so it works properly.

If you have other issues then please pick up your soap box and go make your own thread, looks over and the bald black skinned elf.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:19 AM

Quote:
if you retal on ONE offensive war attack (and let's say you've been looted to abuse already), since you've got all your abuse slots open... you're open to be looted ANOTHER 10 or 12 times without even getting the chance to study that stuff back...
That is correct. Got a problem with it? ... don't attack back.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:20 AM

Quote:
lsd wrote:
"i have not ranger farmed once this reset except when i had my WE for the first week"
So which is it? Did you or didn't you?

If somebody stole your war machines, then steal them back.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:33 AM

The biggest problem is your guys want a kingdom that is invulnerable to all forms of attack. THAT would be the worst game setup possible. It must be set in such a way that at least one avenue of attack is left open, else you will be stuck to ranger farming.... yea, what fun.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:21 AM

Actually, covert is arguably the strongest aspect of the game. It has the ability to effect war, research, and spells.

How? I think it's obvious: you can lose all ya wm (or could assuming the updates went in early this morning), fighters, and any other warring troop you may use, crippling you war-wise.

Of course all your tech could have been taken away... how ya gonna afford troops if you have no economy coming in? 2 aphros only lasts about 96 turns... and isn't a permanent solution so there go your entertainment, morale, and population causing even less gold to be brought into the kingdom.

Stealing tech also steals sb... since it is studied ... and that effects spells...

Don't even say that enforcers are the solution... because they aren't permanent. They may be a temporary solution, a "road block" if you will, but they can be assassinated just like any other troop. Pretty much if you want to keep all your tech, you have to have mass numbers of enforcers, which I doubt a strickly covert race would have a problem getting through... and don't even think of keeping land with all those enforcers.

And actually jarlaxle, apparently I'm not the only one who had a problem with your idea because it's not been put into the game... so yes, I do have a problem with it... there is not much you can do about it.

As strong as covert is in general, it needed to be weakened, or else you'd have just the two or 3 people who wanted covert to stay the way it was playing in all...

I really don't think path wanted to lose 30+ people to just covert...

Old 11-23-2007, 12:16 PM

Quote:
OrbofThralni wrote:
so yes, I do have a problem with it... there is not much you can do about it.
Who pissed in your cornflakes? You make a suggestion. I make a suggestion. wtf?
Old 11-23-2007, 12:57 PM

meh I took it as though you were being rude... which is how it came off as... rude...

as I stated... yes I do have a problem with it... but I'm not the only one...

and no there isn't much you can do about it... Actually, there's nothing you can do about me having a problem with your suggestion.

You came off as rude, so I returned the emotion...

Maybe you should have reworded your post if your intention was not to be rude.

and you very much so keep venturing off subject...

Old 11-23-2007, 01:50 PM

please quote my "rude" comment
Old 11-23-2007, 03:16 PM

Removing covert from the game is like removing one of the sides of a dice...or something...

Instead of adapting ppl want the part of the game that makes their gamestyle a hassle removed.

its the lazy mans solution.

If you want strong magic, you chose High elves(used to anyhow when I played).

Want covert, you choose dark elves.

Yeah they loot stuff nicely, but if they loot from a war race, the warrace can landgrab and send the darkelf into newbie land without much land left.

Why not just remove all options and only keep cyclops's so all you need is fighters?

KEEP COVERT! :biggun: