Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest  

Go Back   Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest > Narmir > General Discussions

Old 12-05-2009, 07:44 AM

Default More detailed racial?

Is there a website or link I missed, that describes the different race's in detail? I don't know if different race's have different power's, but was hoping.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:52 AM

Default Re: More detailed racial?

The stats of the races havent really been released
much per see, but there is a few variables that tend to set some races apart.

Dwarves suffer a bit in the beginning cause it takes quite a few turns to get max warmachine % (which is 5000%).

Once you get at higher scores with max WM% a dwarf is hard to beat.
Dwarves also got very good economy% which is imperative at billion score ranges.

Dark elves are the best covert race;

Ninja and thieves are the bread and butter of this race.
They tend to loose land semi easy, but if you play them well you can really hurt a target by killing his troops and stealing his tech (sets him back a substantial amount of turns).

War races;

Direwolves seems like the best solo fighter race. Good fighter stats, many turns per hour and a devistating race spesial that will drop the targets morale to 001% IF your successful with an attack.
Very lethal race.

Cyclops/Hill Giants; Both these races have fairly few turns per hour, but got very high max on both fighters and WM%.
If you pick on of them id go with Cyclops tbh.
They got a 3 attacks per turn (when attacking), so if you are successful with an attack, you are really tearing up your target.

Magic;

High elves are best at this, and if you get the hang of spells, you can demolish the target in a real bad way by burning his buildings to the ground etc.
There are several tricks to the trade when it comes to magic 8-)
They have kindof a hard time keeping land tho, but they can be mean.

A middle of the road race;

Wood elves;

They might look like easy source of land, but with the levelup each 1000 turn, you can turn a woodelf into a decent fighter with the correct defensive setup, while adding points to spells too.
Basically you can search for land fast, you can spell the fook out of your targets and you recover fast if you loose land.

A variant would be adding +1 to rangers and +1 to spells per levelup.

Probarly the easiest race to play.

I see your using Vikings.
They are reasonable. Ok starting race, but will suffer at higher scores due to the relativly low fighter max %.

Got better economy than direwolf, but 1 turn less per hour and direwolf got obscene fighter max % which will shine at high score ranges.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:13 AM

A fair share of what I wrote above is based on what I knew when I left in 2004.

Had a chat with "The artist formerly known as Shhhhhhh" and he mentioned some radical changes with regards to combat.

Basically the % of the troops doesnt actually improve your chances of winning a fight.

So 1000 100% fighters will be as tough as 1000 8000% fighters. Only difference is that they will cost more in maintenance and boost your score (at 8000%).

In effect the 8000% troops will be weaker since they
will need more buildings/land to support them, which means a higher ratio of your score will be non combat troops.

That said, the summary I posted above still holds true to some extend.

Dark elves still kick ass in covert, and they can be used as supporting spell race.

Direwolves still rock since they got alot of turns per hour and got their mean racial spesial when attacking.

Cyclops got very strong fighters (stronger than dires, but few turns, and as such will level up slower).

I did downplay your vikings, which based on the new information might have been a bit harsh.
Vikings got good fighter mod, and better economy than both dire and cyclops.

Seems like there is more info to be discovered after a 5 year vacation from the game imp:
Old 12-10-2009, 03:26 PM

Old 12-10-2009, 10:04 PM