Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest  

Go Back   Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest > Narmir > Game Status and Help

Old 12-09-2005, 03:10 PM

Default beginners war strat

Well since most people want to start off and begin fighting right off the bat I'll try to give peeps a hand with this basic easy to use strat.

First off create a war char such as, Dire Wolf, Hill Giant, Cyclops, Viking, Zombie, Ghoul, etc. although not recommended for dwarves since they rely on WM's (War Machines) No elves or faeries or other "weaklings" for this strat.

Now assign your points, I often go for 5 building, 5 research, 5 fighters, 5 enforcers. I will sometimes use the five for enforcers elsewhere, but recommend you learn the game before doing.

Ok so you have the char created and ready to use, log in > go to the "options tab" and set your taxes to 42% and be sure to click the "change tax rate" button to save the change. Now go to the "study" tab and use 5 turns to study "economy" and 5 turns to study "morale".

Now go to the "hire" tab and hire 5 "engineers" you should now be able to build 2 training fields. Go to "build" then "military" and "build training fields" do this till you have 50

Now your getting close to the pillaging and defiling of your neighbors. Go to "search" then search for "locations" about 10 times. Hire fighters under the "hire" tab and then look through the locations you have found under the "warfare" tab. There will be a pull down menu to the upper right when you click on a name it will show the score of that kingdom. Once you find a kingdom near your size and you want to attack click the "send attack" button. You may need to repeat the search for locations many times and remember to hire fighters and watch your food (near bottom left) and build farms if needed because you don't want to starve "build" > "economy" > "build farms"

Now this is very basic and will get you fighting with your first 200 turns. For more advanced gameplay and help I suggest visiting the helpsites "help and other links" on the left side of the main Narmir page, and seek the wisdom of your elders in "chat" which can be reached from in game.

Hope this gives some peeps the help they want to get fighting fast.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:59 PM

Default Re: beginners war strat

Thank you for the help for the newbies that might need it.

But also remember that everyone has their own way to play.

So please use this to help and develope your own way of playing

Good Luck and Have fun

http://www.mpogd.com
Old 05-25-2006, 11:34 PM

Old 05-26-2006, 08:53 AM

Target\'s fighting spirit down. Calculating BP, SP, and DNN.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:14 PM

Well some races such as Hill Giants and swamp shamblers rely on their population more than economy to make gold. You can study up economy here and there and max it out before you really need to start building much as you get some buildings through war. Morale is something good on them to study up as well for it brings people in faster.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:26 PM

since hill giants and cyclops's have really low studies, it wouldn't take very long to get morale and economy up, however, these two races also get low turns amounts.

Hill Giants get 3 turns per hour
Cyclops get 4 turns per hour

*****oh and what do you do when you run out of turns: you wait until the next hour, because you get turns every hour on the hour, and with the example above, you get a certain amount for each race.*****

Target\'s fighting spirit down. Calculating BP, SP, and DNN.
Old 05-26-2006, 10:55 PM

i wouldnt really suggest playing a vamp if you are a newb, especially if you only want to play 1 character, the reason behind this is their vulnerability during the day, this can throw you off a bit, especially if your new, and cause mass confusion when trying to play other races after you have learned from playin a vampire

the best races to pick for those playing 1 character, is something with good turns, decent studies, and decent strength

dire wolves
paladins
gryphons
etc etc...

just remember, vampires are a completely unique race in the game, even with the amount of time ive had to learn how to play the gane, vampires still spoil me a bit. also, vampires are on a 'round-to-round' basis, which means they change constantly, next round they might not be anything near what they are now. so pick a good solid race to learn on and just remember to have fun
Old 05-27-2006, 02:41 PM

Cids got a good point... vamps are enigmatic at best...

ok... so i only replyed to use that word... but still listen....

also ... check out centaurs for a war race... use rangers... that way you find locs and attack with them... and they are cheaper... and if you put points in them(rangers) they are pretty solid
Old 05-27-2006, 06:41 PM

Tho its ofcourse nice to start warring as soon as possible.
With the points system even the weak study races can start off much faster by studying tech some first if you put 5 points in research.
It might seem boring to start with studying, but having a good economy will make your war character much stronger.
And the key to being succesfull in combat is having a good healthy kingdom, which means lots of tech
Old 05-29-2006, 02:00 AM

I personally love rakshasa. They're good at war and their magic is pretty good. They also war well with rangers tho their fighters aren't too bad either. They have good tech maxes so they're a good starting race with some versatility. I have always been a person that likes to war from the first 200 turns but this round I spent the time getting my econ maxed out and I noticed a huge difference with warring. You also want some entertainment to bring pop in which increases your gold as well. Also, dwarves don't need wms for warring and any race can war if their points are in the right place and you have the right set up. But you have to realize that no matter what you do, a faery's not taking land from a cyclops or HG unless there's something wrong with the war race. I have noticed tho that at low scores, my "weak" races did as well as my war races. However, once at higher scores warring was more difficult and you need to rely on other options to get your land.

Venit et Flamma sentio ...