Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest  

Go Back   Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest > Narmir > Off Topic

Old 03-07-2008, 11:07 PM

Default Pulling someone out with my F250 truck

Well the day finally arrived. I had been waiting for it, planning for it. For the chance to test out my 2002 F250 pulling someone out that was stuck. But like all planned for things stuff has a tendancy to go wrong.

Warning not for the faint of heart.....

The day began like normal I guess, I was asleep like normal so I had no clue how the day actually began, never do since I sleep till noon everyday anyways.

Well while I was snoozing innocently the daughter runs in the bedroom yelling the FEDEX guy is stuck!!! Hot damn, its THE DAY.

I tell her to go make sure he doesnt get unstuck by keeping him talking and such. I jump out of bed and dress hurredly. Even the dog ran around barking excitedly, he knew it was important, he had seen these days before.

After getting dressed and grabbing my cigs and a fresh diet dp out of the fridge, I put on my jacket and made my way out to access the prey.

Yep, it was as I had hoped, a FEDEX delivery van stuck in the yard. I had hoped for something a tad larger, maybe even a dually wheeled model. But downsizing sucks and he was in a Ford van. Oh well, it was on, what could you do....

I then noticed to my horror the kids had forgotten to plug the block heater in on the F250. Panic time. I decided to go with the crank and stall method. I cranked the truck up and it idled angrily not having been plugged in the night before and I preceeded to go stall the delivery guy. I noticed he was stuck on wetgrass and dangerously close to an ant hill. But I felt I could handle this if I was careful.

After stalling the delivery guy for 5 min I noticed the last of my sticking injectors had unstuck and the idle had smoothed out. It was the moment of truth.

I went and backed around to the front side of the guys van. My daughter had retrieved the tow strap and the massive pintle hitch to use. But I decided to go for just hooking to the chain spots on my hitch, I know it was risky but I wanted to show him his van wasnt considered a load for THE truck

After wrapping the tow strap around his vans underside and hooking both ends onto my hitch we were ready. I manually locked the hubs, not wanting to risk the auto stuff failing me in this critical pulling event. I got in and shifted it to 4 Low for the first time, just realized at that moment I didnt even know if 4 Low actually worked on my truck as I have never used it before..

Everything seemed to lock in perfectly. It was time. Would I be left being made fun of by the FEDEX guy like my gmc was vs the UPS guy? Had I wasted my time trading my 98 gmc with huge mudders on this ford f250 powerstroke? Would it turn out to be all in vain!!!!!!!!!

The tension was horrible. After pulling it down in drive I released the brake, ready to push the gas but I was too concerned how it was going to go to push the pedal. Then my daughter tapped me on the shoulder. I had pulled the FEDEX guy out 2 minutes ago... DAMN I missed the moment. I was too worried about the pull to actually witness the moment.

Oh well, there is always that package coming monday
Old 03-08-2008, 12:06 AM

Default Re: Pulling someone out with my F250 truck

Lmao! Highly entertaining.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:58 AM

lol the funny thing is ...... its all true...
that fedex guy didnt stand a chance.. :-x

Old 03-10-2008, 11:48 PM

HEY WAS THAT A FORD?????????

one of my babies evil ,50/50 chance i put parts on that very truck.LOL
Old 03-10-2008, 11:51 PM

oh god dont blame me for warranty,i swear i work in the paint shop and had nothing to do with you overhead light not being installed right. LOL

yes i am a very proud U.A.W./ FORD WORKER AND I AM SERIOUS ABOUT THE POSSIABILTY OF ACTUAL HAVING MY HANDS ON EVILS TRUCK
Old 03-10-2008, 11:57 PM

scary isn't it :jawdrop:
Old 03-11-2008, 02:27 AM

Yep its a ford

2002 F250 4x4 diesel crew cab.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:01 PM

rofl @ grim ...Kaliska grins at PDE so thats why my seatbelt didnt work...