Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest  

Go Back   Narmir - Land of Magic and Conquest > Narmir > General Discussions

Old 12-27-2007, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Covert

Quote:
OrbofThralni wrote:

Stealing land isn't as devastating as stealing tech...
Tell that to Brewster!

Land is disposable... A fair amount of land can be taken back after being taken away by warring...

Quote:
OrbofThralni wrote:
Switching from warring with a kingdom to coverting with the kingdom is almost impossible if you've not created the kingdom to be strictly a covert race..
Thank you for making my point, you moron. :flipoff: Even if the kingdom was created to be strictly covert, then that only makes it that much harder to "switch to warring" as you put it. It is impossible to have a covert kingdom war unless you are warring against other covert or somebody that knows little to nothing about the game.

Why don't you just be honest and tell us what you really want? You want a game where we all gather around the fire and sing Kumbaya, right? riest:
Old 01-09-2008, 06:32 AM

u tellim Jarl :thumbsup:
Old 02-19-2008, 06:51 PM

Sooo...did anything happen to covert?

I made 4 chars after reading this thread, took 300 turns and RL hit me again :fustrate:
Old 02-21-2008, 11:44 AM

no
Old 03-02-2008, 08:28 PM

I havent played lately as much as I have in the past either and for the exact same reasons as Jarl. Covert sucks! If you completely take it out I dont think I will come back, and I know some of you are saying SO WHAT? But Im sure if you ask alot of the good players and they will tell you keep it in. Im not saying keep it in as it is right now cause like I Said it sucks. I wish it was like it were back in 2002 (just stating a year for fun), your exp goes up for each successful loot. To me there was nothing more fun than starting off with 100 thieves and 100 ninjas and looting your way to the top. I absolutly loved making covert runs, and to be completly honest have never played seriously since it was taken out.

To take covert out to me is totally changing the game. Since it was def-con theres been covert. To say it is illogical for 1 thief to steal 1 wm is true, but this is a fantasy world and there are alot of illogical things in this game that dont make sense. If we were to start with this we could push and push and push till the game is no longer narmir, but a logical world where everything makes sense.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:54 PM

Everyone who knows me knows i hate covert...never liked it never had any use for it...but that has always been my style.I have to agree with Spyder and Jarl as well though.. the game has changed without covert...and the way it is set up covert has perty much went away. i always learned to play without tech just for that simple reason...but it was something i had to deal with and learn to do. right now the game is so easy it is insane..alot has changed since i was last playing 2 years ago. and i do think some of the best times were years ago when covert mattered. just my humble opinion i know it prolly wont change anything in the game but at least everyone will know how i feel about it

Me steals ya land...
Me steals ya gold...
Before ya know it...
Me steals ya soul...