View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 03:10 PM

Default beginners war strat

Well since most people want to start off and begin fighting right off the bat I'll try to give peeps a hand with this basic easy to use strat.

First off create a war char such as, Dire Wolf, Hill Giant, Cyclops, Viking, Zombie, Ghoul, etc. although not recommended for dwarves since they rely on WM's (War Machines) No elves or faeries or other "weaklings" for this strat.

Now assign your points, I often go for 5 building, 5 research, 5 fighters, 5 enforcers. I will sometimes use the five for enforcers elsewhere, but recommend you learn the game before doing.

Ok so you have the char created and ready to use, log in > go to the "options tab" and set your taxes to 42% and be sure to click the "change tax rate" button to save the change. Now go to the "study" tab and use 5 turns to study "economy" and 5 turns to study "morale".

Now go to the "hire" tab and hire 5 "engineers" you should now be able to build 2 training fields. Go to "build" then "military" and "build training fields" do this till you have 50

Now your getting close to the pillaging and defiling of your neighbors. Go to "search" then search for "locations" about 10 times. Hire fighters under the "hire" tab and then look through the locations you have found under the "warfare" tab. There will be a pull down menu to the upper right when you click on a name it will show the score of that kingdom. Once you find a kingdom near your size and you want to attack click the "send attack" button. You may need to repeat the search for locations many times and remember to hire fighters and watch your food (near bottom left) and build farms if needed because you don't want to starve "build" > "economy" > "build farms"

Now this is very basic and will get you fighting with your first 200 turns. For more advanced gameplay and help I suggest visiting the helpsites "help and other links" on the left side of the main Narmir page, and seek the wisdom of your elders in "chat" which can be reached from in game.

Hope this gives some peeps the help they want to get fighting fast.