Thread: A Shadow Tale
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 11:03 AM

Default Re: chills of war

Shadow was pacing back and forth quickly, nearly jumping out of her skin when Elf appeared behind her. Shaking her head, she continued to pace back and forth, feeling Elf's eyes following her. "Shadow? What's wrong?"

She returned her gaze to him, and stopped pacing. "Everything. I don't understand why Soul is attacking and then retreating. The only two reasons I can come up with is that he's a coward or that he's trying to weaken us. Or both. And it's driving me crazy!" Elf pulled Shadow into an embrace, petting her hair soothingly. (Yay. :S)

?You haven?t slept in days, perhaps sleeping will help you be able to look at this in a different way. As a matter of fact?? He trailed off, a distant look in his eyes telling Shadow that he was speaking with Kian. ?Kian says you haven?t fed either.? He gave her a worried look and she sighed. ?I could never fool you. Yes, I haven?t fed in a few weeks now. Does Kian have any advice?? A look of surprise crossed Elf?s face. ?You want his advice?? Shadow blinked. ?Well, he IS your brother, and if you trust him, then I will do the same.? ?I didn?t think.. Never mind. He says you should sleep and feed. And not in that order.?

Shadow nodded and stiffened suddenly. ?He?s back..? She and Elf took off, Cerion joining them a second later. Crashing into a clearing, they nearly ran into Soul. ?Well well. Look at this. The vampire trio has decided to join us. How nice. Now I can kill a dragon, you three, and a pathetic human bonded to the pathetic dragon.? Kaliska let out a roar, and Lily snapped at her. Cerion let out a whimper and backed up against a tree, Elf looking at him. ?Cerion? What?s wrong?? Cerion just whimpered again, and fell to his knees, covering his ears.

Soul chuckled. ?I see you?ve tamed him, Shadow. How nice, another pet? Was Elfangor not enough for you?? Shadow narrowed her eyes. ?Don?t talk about them like that. If anyone?s a pet, it?s your pathetic dragon. Kaliska could topple Lily in five seconds flat. Or perhaps, you haven?t felt the power writhing around her and Talan? If I were you, I would leave.? ?Why? What could you possibly do to me?? Soul sneered and Shadow growled, lightning ripping from her hands, flying at Soul. He avoided the bolts easily, and Talan said, ?Shadow. I?ve got this. It?s my fight.? She hesitated, but then nodded, casting protective shields around Kaliska, who was tangling with Lily again, and Talan.

Walking backwards, she kneeled down next to Cerion, who was rocking back and forth, and looked up at Elfangor. ?I can?t touch him mentally. He?s thrown up all of these barriers?? ?Perhaps seeing Lily or Soul brought something to the surface of his mind that he tried to keep away. Can you send him into sleep?? Shadow nodded, murmuring the word for sleep, and Cerion went limp into her arms. ?You take him back to the Inn, I?m staying here to keep the shields up.? Elf nodded, picked up Cerion, and darted off towards the Inn.